Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sir Guengerich Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Genealogy 101
    I have been researching for 20+ years. I am curently able to help those who request it.
    I have trace one of my grandmother's lines to 300 AD. Yet some of you may find this impossible. The Stafford's lineage came from England and the surname is derived from Staffordshire where there had many land holdings and Castles. In tracing this line back
    Through time the name was changed from Toeni. The Toeni were very prominent in Royalty
    Going as far back as the Plantagent dynasty who ruled England since the Norman invasion
    At Hastings in 1066. Some of the Plantagents married into the Wydeville family (later became
    Woodville) The Plantagents ruled England longer than another other era.
    Some were Kings and Queens while others were Sir, Knights and Barons. All coming from the same Royal blood lines.

The is an organization called RAOGK that is very helpful but few know about. The cost are often times free or the charges are very minimal. If I can be of any assistance you can let me know. I have many other "Trade Secrets" I am happy to share with others.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 04:54 PM

On the Today show they said you can now look up your genealogy free on the ellis island website.
    I guess every little bit helps.
    Sir Guengerich Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 08:20 PM

It will only help if one's ancestor came through there, as with any database, it's limited to what is in there. Trying other sites such as Ancestry.com, rootsweb.com, Cindi's list or even GENWeb.com came become more useful than any single database.
    In genealogy the rules of evidence requires three pieces of credible documentation to be substantiated as being credible.
    And always document your sources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genealogy of a lost friend [ 1 Answers ]

Can you assist in finding the genealogy of my lost friend who now resides in America? Her name is Sylvia Obiamaka Oluonye. She use to live in Cleveland Ohio. I desire to reunite with her and her family. Thank you. Lizzie Diolulu

DNA for Genealogy purposes [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this site and I want to ask a question on DNA but each time I click on "ask" it seems that there is no way for me to ask anything, it justs keeps reverting back to another screen. I am interested in DNA for genealogical reasons. Thanks, Bubby328 - moved from Forum Help -

Alexander Graham Bell's genealogy [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where name GRAHAM came from, in Alexander Graham Bell's name? Someone said that it came from his grandfather, but I cannot locate this information.

Genealogy [ 3 Answers ]

Does anybody know what genealogy all about? I'd like to know asap! Thanks! Alex Davis

How to start tracking genealogy? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know my family but past my grandparents telling us names of ancestors, I don't know much about where we come from. Can anyone suggest how we should start? Thanks Cherry;)

View more questions Search