Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ABBAS HARUNA Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Criminal case
    When one commit criminal offense (ie manslaughter ) and the fellow is reign before the law court and in the coarse judgment the judge releases that the fellow really did the act but the mind behind the act is unintentional. How does the judge give verdict for this case.
    Sir Guengerich Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Normally, a Judge presiding over a case would and should Recluse themselves.
    This means that the Judge can no long hear the case due to his being impartial.
    At the arraignment hearing he may, not very likely in murder cases, release the
    Defendant on his own recognition (OR) and no bail is required.
    If the judge fails to recluse himself and later preceedings find he should have
    That Judge could be disbarred and lose his license to practice law, in which case
    The appellate court could order a mistrial and the defendant would be re-tried.

I am not a lawyer, but I took four years of law while in the Army and worked
    In the JAG for 6 years as CWO 4

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I entitled to free expungement of criminal record if my case is vacated. [ 4 Answers ]

I was wrongly convicted of an attempted murder in 1991. I did ten years in prison before my conviction was overturned and vacated by the Indiana State Supreme Court. I was blessed with a job upon release, but every time employers run a check on me "Murder" comes up on my arrest record. What can I...

Possible criminal case? Construction Supply company [ 1 Answers ]

Forgive me if this is not in the right forum, I'll move it if it isn't just let me know. A supply company recently in business was buying wholesale from other supply companies and selling the product to local contractors. Months later the original supply Companies are putting liens on peoples...

Chapter 7 discharge in criminal case [ 4 Answers ]

Is chapter 7 bankruptcy dischargable under criminal restitution cases involvind a minor with parents involed Is that dichargable under chapter 7 when parents are involed under what son did

Can Petitions Help in a criminal case? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could tell me If a petition or a group of signatures and putting in a good word for someone that is being tried for an internet crime would be of good use to a client and could be used by his lawyer. Can petitions be good for someone being convicted of any crime,...

Little help please! Criminal damage case [ 3 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

View more questions Search