Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisbaker4937 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2003, 09:20 AM
    Cleaning Steel Bath
    Can anyone recommend how to clean an enamel (steel) bath ?  We have just moved into a house with one and there is a brown stain all round the bath that won't come off with the recommended cleaners.  The more powerful ones aren't recommended for use on enamel - any ideas??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 27, 2004, 05:22 AM
    Cleaning Steel Bath
    Hi Chris, Sorry it took sol ong to respond but your question should have been posted on the plumbing page. Your problem comes from iron oxide,( rust) in the water supply. At yout local hardware store, purchase a bottle of C.L.R. Now take one of those plastic scouring pads and scrub down the stains with full strength C.L.R. This should remove the rust stains. Good luck, Tom
    redhotti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 10:01 PM
    I personally prefer a product called "whink";)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Hi,
    Just wanted to mention that wearing latex or rubber gloves is a good idea when using any solutions that are strong. If you already are, I apologize in advance. I have used CLR, and it's very good... might have to "soak" a couple of minutes first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

Steel Plate [ 1 Answers ]

I am drawing for a manufacturer to bend steel plate into a U shape. The steel is galvanised and 1.5mm thick. How do I show the Radius of the bend? What is the maximum radius I can bend with 1.5mm steel?

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

MUSIC- steel pan [ 1 Answers ]

I need so information on countries or place where this type of music is played.

Sealing steel bathtub drain [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I am having my old cast-iron stack replaced with PVC so that I can add a third floor bathroom. The first and second floor toilet and tub connections were also replaced, with one problem. We can't get the new drain for the second floor tub to seal properly. The tub is steel and the rim of...

View more questions Search