Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 07:29 AM
    My sis's tooth broke while eating.
    Hey all! I've got some problem... The tooth of my little sis broke this evening. She has braces and while she was eating, she got the impression that her braces broke. One of the metallic square loose could rotate about the metallic wire. She thought it was only the braces but on closer look, she realised that she tooth was 'peeled'. I know that isn't the exact way to described it, but I can't find any other word :o. The piece(or small sheet) of tooth that broke remained to the metallic square. The thing is that we cannot go to the dentist until Monday, for it's closed on weekends. Do you have any advice on what to do or not to do until she gets to the dentist?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Oh. Not so good.

I think a piece of the surface of the enamel broke off. Right? If she's in pain, oil of cloves placed on the tooth might help (if it can get to the nerve ending). If it really doesn't hurt, she probably doesn't have to do anything until the dentist sees her.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 10:35 AM

Ah, OK. No, she's not in pain but that loosened piece of metal sure annoys her. Thanks anyway Perito. :)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 01:49 PM

It could just be the cement that is attached to the ortho attachment. I'm sure it's not the tooth that broke unless she had been chewing on rocks! ;)
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 03:27 AM

Ah! That relieves me a lot flossie... I've been waiting for your answer to be frank. Now that you've mentioned it, you caould be right after all. The cement was white. Thanks! :)
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 12:28 PM

I'm glad I could set your mind at ease. Let the orthodonist know that the bracket has broken as soon as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Broke a tooth that has a root canal and dentist dismissed me as his patient [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I 'broke' a tooth that contained a large filling and a root canal. Because I have diabetes, leukemia and several other serious health problems, including low platlets, 40ish, my dentist of 18 years informed me that he didn't want me as his patient any long. I presume his liability...

My 8 yr old sis's hair is falling out [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is lauren and my 8 year old sister is losing her hair... she is pretty normal but I'm afraid it could be something serious.. I know it not normal! Sooo please if you know anything about this please help ask me questions about anything to help get a better answer thank you

Broke tooth while dining out [ 3 Answers ]

I was at a eating establishment (Chapps Cafe) in Fort Worth, Texas off Hulen Blvd. and bit into a burger and broke my tooth also. But I do still have the evidence, it was a bone or some type of rock like substance. I've been getting the run around and also they've been trying to get me to let them...

Broke Tooth On McDonalds Hamburger [ 2 Answers ]

I live in TX and I ordered a doublequarter pound with cheese meal and when I brought it to work for lunch to eat it, I bit into the burger and broke my back tooth on a bone! I thought I had picked the bone out after I heard my tooth crunch but later checking, I was not able to locate it. My only...

View more questions Search