Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summerblackburn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 12:16 AM
    How do I stop harassment from my code enforcement department?
    Last year I had several letters from them. First it was the front yard, I mowed it once a week but that was not good enough. So I mowed it twice a week. Then I received notices about trash on my property. I checked everywhere in the yard. I was told that there were 2 or three mcdonalds cups in the front of my car port. I have a 3 car carport! Someone from code enforcement had to walk pasted 3 cars to look for cups in the carport.
    After I complained about the intrustion I was told code enforcement could go anywhere they wanted to do there job. After that I received notices for my back alley way, I received them until I finally raked the alley to the dirt. Lastly they sent notice for trash on my front porch, the front porch is covered by roses and can only be seen from the side facing the car port. I cleaned the porch and sweeped it. When I came home from work several days later the city of Ada had stolen everything from my porch. I had new lawn chairs, boxes from my boyfriends dead grandma, a few pieces of furniture his grandma left him, and a recliner I had moved onto the porch for a friend to pickup. They told me it was all trash and charged me 250 for cleaning up my porch, so they said. I could not get my things back and had to pay 250 dollars. They had started again this year, My back alley is racked to dirt again and I am still being sent notices for it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 6, 2009, 12:51 AM
    Are all of these letters from ONE specific officer or simply from the department as a whole ?
    Have you any photographic evidence to back up your claims of harassment ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 05:25 PM

Are these Code Enforcement officers citing any certain City Codes about trash, yard mowing, etc? Is there anywhere you can go and get a copy of all the City Codes that you are being cited for or other codes in case they do cite you for them as well? Are your neighbors also being cited or is it just you being singled out? If you are being singled out and your neighbors have not been cited for the same things you were I would definitely visit an attorney as you have been singled out and discriminated against.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 05:33 PM

So when you appeared in court before the judge from the citations, what did the judge say
    summerblackburn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:44 PM
    I didn't have the options to see a judge. I was charged a 250 dollar fee 3 times for cleaning of my property. They didn't do anything, they claimed they cleaned up brush and bushes, I don't have any brush or bushes. This year a neighbor at the far end of my block dumped branches all over my back alley and the 2 houses next to me. The code enforcement department knows about the illegal dumping, but I was told it was on my property and was responsible for the clean up and could not dump it back because that would be illegal. I was told by the police it was a civil matter and they couldn't do anything.:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop City Code Enforcement Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I am being harassed by the city code department. There are a few home owners in my neighborhood that have nothing to do but complain and pull their pud. I understand the complaints must be followed up by an enforcement division officer visit. At least by drive by, if not a knock on the door. It is...

Code Enforcement [ 3 Answers ]

I am a business owner in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Recently the police was on my warehouse asking for all my licenses, after I present the documents he asked by a certificate of occupancy, I can not provide this because I am not the owner of the storage I am renting. I explain I am not the...

Stop Code irq_not_less_or_equal [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500. I tried to use my docking station and during that process, I accidentally turned off the laptop. Since that time, The unit will not boot up and I get the error message above with the same stop address in memory0x804F4A77. The error message suggest that "if the problem...

Stop code on car title [ 6 Answers ]

I recently paid off my car and today called the DMV's office to find out where my title is... they told me back in 2003 someone has put a stop code on my title and the state had it destoyed... just want to know if anyone knows what this code is and how does it get put on a title.. apparently it was...

How do I stop Child Support Enforcement from forcing me to pay them [ 22 Answers ]

I'm already paying child support and alimony when I pay my monthly mortgage. Child Support Enforcement sent me a letter stating that I have to pay them too. When we got divorced, we agreed by mediation that I'd pay the mortgage, which is totaled the child support and alimony payment, and is current...

View more questions Search