Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildn0102 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 11:27 PM
    My home A/C is blowing out warm air and not cold air
    Recently I had my A/C charged with coolant by a professional. As of today, it's still blowing out warm air. What could be the most obvious problem, I can fix, without calling out for another professional?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 6, 2009, 03:11 AM
    If you had your unit serviced by a professional then you should call them back since many companys offer 30 days warranty on there service work.

You could have a leak in the system allowing the refrigerant out that was just put in by the service company. You are not supposed to have to add any refrigerant to a system once it is charged properly. If you do have to add refrigerant then you have a leak.

If the outside unit is NOT running then you can check the fuses in the outside disconnect if present or check the inside circuit breaker.

If the thermostat is set to cool and the outside unit will not run after checking the breaker then I suggest calling a pro since there is not much else you can do without the proper tools and the knowledge to use then to test the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my a/c blowing out warm air? [ 2 Answers ]

My living room a/c blows out warm air. I have tried the lowest setting, I've cleaned the filter and checked everything I could think to check. It's a fairly new looking wall unit with a remote control. Should I replace it or is there something I can do to repair it?

Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others [ 1 Answers ]

We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents...

Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

A/C blowing warm air [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I live in a double wide mobile home I have central air that is only blowing cold air through one side of home the other side is blowing out air its just a warm please help single Mom of 3 can't afford repair man:(

View more questions Search