Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shona1959 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 10:13 PM
    Petit Larceny
    Try to found more on Petit larceny? I was in a wal mart buying food and personal items. They stated I did ring up few things which was under $40 dollars and was place under citizens arest by store asset protection.But had already pay for over $150 in item and had more money on me. But never walk of the store. Need to know what to do? Feel this was not right and fell it was push to this point because of my race which is black and also everyone to come around me was white. Try was at least 10 to 15 people and was not run anywhere had a baby, my 86yrs old grandmother, and mother. I was told had to sign a paper that would not ever go in a wal mart again in Oklahoma? That want to just get it straight out with me need to come to the office. Can you help or advise what to do about this. Even the police man did understand why they where do this.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jun 5, 2009, 10:44 PM

More details of exactly what the store loss protection people are accusing you of? Are they claiming you mingled merchandise you hadn't paid for with merchandise you had paid for? Are they accusing you of taking merchandise you hadn't paid for to the area between the front registers and the exit(s) or past the loss protection arches? Was the paid for merchandise purchased at the front of the store or an internal register like the ones they usually have in jewelry or electronics?

Be careful about admitting to anything you did or didn't do.
    shona1959 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 06:42 AM

They were check my merchandise and stated there something did pay for and did scan. And yes there was between the front register and the exit. But had not left the store. And stated to the try to scan everything. And if did would pay for it because was a misstake not try to steal any thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawyer Fees for Petit Larceny [ 1 Answers ]

I have been recently charged with Petit Larceny in New York City. One moment of weakness and I am now petrified what it means for my future and my family's. I have no prior arrests or convictions. This was a simple lapse of judgement brought on by emotional distress in my personal life. I am really...

Pety larceny [ 3 Answers ]

I went to a retail store and took 126. Dollars in merchandise, I got charged with pety larceny, can you tell me what is going to happen to me in court? I have not been in trouble with the law in over 12 yrs.

Petty Larceny [ 4 Answers ]

This is to elaborate further regarding the original post for "disorderly conduct": The original CHARGE was "petty larceny" (shoplifting) with a "conditional discharge" (which I've met) for "disorderly conduct" & was then sealed (I ran a search on myself & it has indeed been sealed). 1) Will...

View more questions Search