Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 07:42 AM

Are you able to lighten most of the body? Or only the face, neck and arms?
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2010, 07:48 AM

Are you talking to me? Lol I'm not even sure but if you are.. I only do my face... the rest of my body is pretty even and about 4shades lighter.. like my body is light golden yellow like rihanna.. but my face is more caramel/yellow... like raven or ciara type... so if I just get my face yellow.. it will look natural because the rest of my body is not blotchy and its my natural colouring. I don't want to lighten my body because I'm afraid that then it will start to become sensitive and then get dark... even in the summer my body stays yellow.. weird and its always exposed.. (ok not all my body is exposed LOOL but you know what I mean)
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caramel1989 View Post
    Are u talking to me? lol im not even sure but if u are..i only do my face...the rest of my body is pretty even and about 4shades lighter..like my body is light golden yellow like rihanna..but my face is more caramel/yellow... like raven or ciara type ...so if i just get my face yellow..it will look natural because the rest of my body is not blotchy and its my natural colouring. I dont want to lighten my body because im afraid that then it will start to become sensitive and then get dark...even in the summer my body stays yellow..weird and its always exposed..(ok not all my body is exposed LOOL but u know what i mean)
    I see, then that is good that you are already close to your goal.
    For me, my face has almost lightened up t the same tone as my upper body, maybe in a few more weeks it will match. My upper body is lighter than the lower body.. except for my face became so tanned. It would be nice for it to match again, also working on removing any blotchiness and scars. Then from there, I want to maintain a shade of Beyonce.

Feb 8, 2010, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I see, then that is good that you are already close to your goal.
    For me, my face has almost lightened up t the same tone as my upper body, maybe in a few more weeks it will match. My upper body is lighter than the lower body..except for my face became so tanned. It would be nice for it to match again, also working on removing any blotchiness and scars. Then from there, I want to maintain a shade of Beyonce.
    That's a good goal.. beyonce has a really nice skin tone. Like which celebrity are u like now?
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Caramel1989 View Post
    Thats a good goal..beyonce has a really nice skin tone. Like which celebrity are u like now?
    I would say like Jill Scott

Feb 8, 2010, 09:20 AM
    I would say like Jill Scott
    That's a nice skin tone! Its definitely realistic to go from there to beyonce.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 01:31 PM
    Thanks.but that's what my face has lightened to so far,it was like Toni Braxton's before. I'm thinking the challenging part may be with the maintaining... then again maybe that will be the easiest part.. lol
    darcskin Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 03:52 PM

GOLDENGIRL, uve always been my role model but I'm surprised that your using Nadinola. Whadd has been up with you lately girl? Da last time I checked one of the brands of Nadinola contains (uve got to really hear this one) AMMONIATED MERCURY. I ran out of da store in full force screaming "NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO..." So which brand of the Naddy are you using, and how does it smell?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darcskin View Post
    GOLDENGIRL, uve always been my role model but im surprised that ure using Nadinola. whadd has been up wid u lately girl?! da last time i checked one of the brands of Nadinola contains (uve gotta really hear this one) AMMONIATED MERCURY. I ran outta da store in full force screaming "NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO..." So which brand of the Naddy are u using, and how does it smell?
    PLEASE do not use chat speak.

AMHD's rules and TOS forbid the use of chat speak. Please type proper English. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darcskin View Post
    GOLDENGIRL, uve always been my role model but im surprised that ure using Nadinola. whadd has been up wid u lately girl?! da last time i checked one of the brands of Nadinola contains (uve gotta really hear this one) AMMONIATED MERCURY. I ran outta da store in full force screaming "NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO..." So which brand of the Naddy are u using, and how does it smell?
    Hey Darcskin, where did you here this that Nadinola contains mercury? Can you please provide me with the links? I have read several articles of products containing mercury, but Nadinola was omitted and not listed as one of these. I'll further check and post my findings here, but Nadinola Extra Strength does contain 3% Hq and I have been using hq for about 3.5 months now. I do know that Hq products are listed on several articles that are against the use of hq, mercury, and steroids. But, hq 4% are prescribed by dermatologists here in the U.S. to patients along with the recommendation of an exfoliant, and is safe to use for 6 months or less per areas and when used properly. It has more of an old-fashioned smell, for me it smells OK and decent.

Feb 9, 2010, 04:50 AM

GG, where do you buy your NADINOLA from. The one I saw in a beauty supply store in NJ is made in the country of Jamaica (correct?) and one of its ingredients is Ammoniated mercury. Where is your Nadinola made?

Feb 9, 2010, 06:15 AM
    Thanks.but that's what my face has lightened to so far,it was like Toni Braxton's before. I'm thinking the challenging part may be with the maintaining...then again maybe that will be the easiest part..lol
    Yeah I know... if you use a product that doesn't have HQ for your maintaining part, it should be good because well have to go through summer tans so it should balance out. Its not like we can get to a white persons color by continuing our use of product... theres a certain maximum color one get get too I would think. So far my Caro light has really been working coupled with baking soda exfoliant. I compared my face with the rest of my body and there is about 1-2 shade difference.. it use to be about 4shades... Im waiting on my 55H crystalline and cream though. I wanted to switch to a product with no HQ so that I can use it forever pretty much. I hope it won't distrupt how far I've come with Caro light though :s.. I guess ill take a chance
    Salirah Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2010, 08:41 AM

Hi, OK, so I hate to be a spoiler, but there are some things you should know about bio claire. First of all, I started using it 2 days ago, I'm naturally light, but just needed to get rid of an uneven tan, so appearently the cream and soap worked super fast for me, I only put it on the tanned spots and in 2 days, I was all the same light colour. I figured this was kind of strange for a product that's supposed to be all natural, it has mulberry and berberry , kojic acid, and a few other natural lighteners, however, all of these according to dermatologists take weeks, and in cases with just the arbutin, months to lighten 2/3 shades, and here this worked in just 2 days.

Firstly it's made in africa, so law wise, they can get away with not putting all the ingredients on the label, basically what I found out is that the company did a voluntary recall on 2 products, I think it was, last year, see below for the reasons:

RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland
    Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.

Lightening body cream without hydroquinone
    25-Jul-2009
    Details
    Brand: Bio Claire
    Type/number of model: P13/02/03 NFI 011285 E 12/02/06 NPC, 30 g

Description: White tube with white cap in white box.

Country of origin: France
    Danger
    Chemical
    The product poses a chemical risk because it contains glucocorticosteroid and clobetasolpropionate 0,029%.
    The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.
    Action Taken
    Voluntary stop of sales and withdrawal from the market by a distributor.
    Source: European Commission RAPEX (11-0962-09)
    Category: Cosmetics
    On: 25-Jul-2009

Now you'll notice even though one of the reasons stated is .06% HQ and clobetasol proprionate 0.029%. That's not enough to cause so much lightening so fast, however you'll also notice that it has glucocorticosteroid.

So yeah, basically it contains steroids, the side effects of topical steroids include acne, thin skin and red patches, here is the list of side effects from the journal of The American Academy of Dermatology:

" The most frequent adverse effects include atrophy, striae, rosacea, perioral dermatitis, acne, and purpura. Those that occur with lower frequency include hypertrichosis, pigmentation alterations, delayed wound healing, and exacerbation of skin infections. Of particular interest is the rate of contact sensitization against corticosteroids, which is considerably higher than generally believed. Systemic reactions such as hyperglycemia, glaucoma, and adrenal insufficiency have also been reported to follow topical application." ---http://www.eblue.org/article/S0190-9622(05)00255-0/abstract

So at the end of it all, I think that if you want something that works and works fast, then that's bio claire, but there are serious side effects to your health and it can mess up your skin as well, I think if your going to use it, you should probably go with once a day, the risk of these effects decrease with the amount of steroid you're exposed to, so maybe once a day use the cream and the soap, use that as normal, wear sunblock and after you've lightened up a bit, go to everyother day or less, also be aware that you'll bruise easier, as your skin is thinner, and bio claire has cause stripes/ stretch marks to develop
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Salirah, yes rubbing bio claire is the equivalent to rubbing battery car acid on the face and body.

Caramel1989, that's really good that you are seeing results from Carolight. Do you know how much hq it contains?

Darcskin, I double checked and L'Oreal Nadinola products are free of any form of mercury or steroids. It contains 3% hq, more than the required ovt amount but is a dermatological amount (for those who do not like hq). The one you saw is a counterfit and copying of names in order to make sells and shsould be avoided, nor is it supposed to be made in Jamaica, that is a counterfit.

Original L'Oreal Nadinola Skin Discoloration Fade Cream must be manufactured and exported from only Strickland & Co. in Olive Branch, Mississippi, U.S. which is a respectful company. What oyur referring to is Jamaican Nadinola which is a separate product of it's own manufacture from a different company with no affilation. The Jamainca Nadinola's complete name is

De Luxe Nadinola Bleaching Cream awhich does post "3% ammonium mercury" and is a 100% Jamaican product:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47392064@N06/4343903089/

And shoudn't be confused with the L'Oreal Nadinola Skin Discoloration Fade Cream, Extra Strength Formula made in MS, U.S.:

Thanks for mentioning this, so that others will realize they are not the same thing.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 10:21 AM
    They are two separate products with similar name, but are not the same. I'm surprised they would actually post this on the front cover as thoguh that is a good thing.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 10:26 AM
    .. sorry repost

Feb 9, 2010, 10:51 AM

Ohh My God GOLDEN G, thank God I ran away from the store as soon I saw mecury in the Naddy's label. I was afraid I'ld be tempted to buy it in spite of the mercury. I remembered the warning my Irish boyfriend/husband gave me that if I used anymore "stinky" product, he's going to move out for good! But before I ran out of the store though, I had dipped 2 fingers into the Naddy jar and the smell that came out was so horrendous. (sorry for the bad English) But, oh, what can I do - I proceeded to massage the Naddy cream on my 2 hands. And then I ran out of the store. And here's my personal test to know if a product truly contains Mercury and other illegal stuffs: When I fell asleep that night, I started to have nightmares in which I was moaning out loudly. I woke up to the sound of my loud wailings. It's the price I have to pay for lighter skin. So ladies, if you are having nightmares at night, it might be a sign that your skin product has been "TOUCHED". That's all I can say to avoid lawsuits. And to GoldenGirl, your alwayz my hero (hope you know that). Kisses and love. Bye girlz.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 12:19 PM
    It's good that you didn't get it. You opened it to smell it and having nightmares... laughing out loudly. Thanks Darcskin, yeah that put a smile on my face.
    Salirah Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2010, 01:21 PM

Here's a link to some skin lightening solutions, and clarification on what works and what doesn't and what's dangerous: Google Answers: which skin whitening product really work

Also inregards to what I said earlier, about if you really want to use, stick to once a day... well maybe you should'nt even do that, topical steroids can also suppress immune system functions, cause cushings syndrome etc read below, and for more info, just follow the link at the end :

Local side effects
    The most common side effects occur locally in the areas of skin treated with the steroid. Probably the most well known is thinning of the skin (atrophy), which sometimes results in permanent stretch marks (striae). Fine blood vessels may swell and become prominent under the skin surface (telangiectasia), again a permanent change. There may be a temporary loss of pigment in the areas of skin treated; this may be more noticeable in dark-skinned people. Sometimes the skin may become allergic to the steroid, making the eczema appear to get worse. The skin may also bruise more easily and become more susceptible to infection. For this reason topical steroids should never be used to treat inflamed skin that is also infected, unless the infection is also being treated.

Topical corticosteroids
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Yeah, I remember reading those two sites before and taking note on there. Really a good read.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you mix Bio Claire Cream with bio claire lotion ? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you mix Bio Claire Skin Lightening Cream in Tube with bio claire lotion to work faster.

Bio claire. [ 8 Answers ]

I just wanted to know does bio claire really work and do you need to do all the mixing up in order for it to work?? As well as I was recently using peau claire it don't work at all and also skin light which makes me go extemly dark in the summer... Please help I have bought ebough creams my...

How to get Bio Claire [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 24yr old half Arabian half somali and I have uneven skin tone.I decided to order Bio Claire online after reading many positive reviews about it on this site.The problem is that I work in Africa and none of these sites ship this product to Africa :(I've tried Ebay,Guesso,Afribest with no...

Is the Bio Claire oil really that different? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, HELP, Any suggestions, has any one had the below experience? The beginning of this year I used Bio Claire in the tub and it worked great, my skin lightened, I looked bright and my completion had never been more even :) . After using the crème for a few months I had an outdoor...

View more questions Search