Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Physics-special relativity
    I've got a physics problem that I haven't been able to solve Help!

A rocketship, travelling away from earth with a speed of 0.8c sends regular radio signals which are received on Earth every 45.2 min. According to the rocketship astronauts, how frequently are the signals being sent?
    :confused:
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Oct 10, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Try to find the equation on "time dilation," apply it to this problem, then post your answer. Someone will help if you need it then.
    fazal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 09:28 PM
    What is meaning of baby boom?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After School Special? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember watching in the 80's. It was about a boy with red hair and a frog that sang "That's amore!" The boy was kind of a science geek. I think the frog came to life at the end... Anybody?

Special education [ 9 Answers ]

What qualifies a child as being LD specific learning disability.Can a child with ADD be identified as having specific learning problems and qualify under the category of LD.Which Identification is better for a child that exhibits the following problems difficulty in reading,writeing,spelling,or...

Theoretical experiment on relativity [ 1 Answers ]

Consider a train , its proper length = 375000 km , traveling at a speed of 180000 km/sec (0.6 of speed of light) relative to person (name him B) Consider a beam of light that travels in the same direction of the train The train traveler (name him A) will measure the train length = 375000 km...

Special Ed Dating [ 10 Answers ]

Ok maybe Im being judgemental? Maybe you all can tell me your opinions on a Special Education or Mentally Challenged (Female) dating a Perfectly Healthy (Male) who has been known to use girls for sex? Not saying he will just has a reputation of it. I do not know him personally but my friend...

Special Event [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very important event coming up on April 29th of this year. I would like to lose twenty pounds by that time. I don't think that's too much weight to lose in this time, but it seems so hard to lose weight. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can lose 20 lbs in 2 1/2 months?

View more questions Search