Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SecretSins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Horrible Computer Crash
    I've been experiencing these horrible crashes while on my mother's boyfriend's computer. He has a $2,000 computer, so you would think it would be free of crashes. Anyway, it will spontaneously shut down anytime. It doesn't matter whether I'm on Mibba, Youtube, Myspce, Facebook, Twitter, or playing The Sims 3. The screen will just go black. If I try to start it up again too soon, it will start starting up, then it will just go black again. Once, I got all the way to the regular desktop screen, and it shut down. I don't know whether it's because it's getting to hot or what. We have AGV 8.5 installed, but it doesn't seem to help. If anyone could possibly tell me what to do, I would be so grateful.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 09:28 AM

Try and find access to another monitor and hook it up, if same thing happens, it is not monitor - if same thing happens with another monitor - it is the monitor

If it turns out to be the computer itself, it could be that the processor is overheating

If you can, open it and clean/blowout dust and make sure fan is not to clogged up and also make sure the fan is working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Downloading Windows Media Player 11 caused my computer to crash. [ 6 Answers ]

I was downloading Windows Media Player 11 on my HP Compaq Presario with XP, when suddenly it went totally dark. Nothing comes on a completely dark screen and the PC tower went as if dead. You know that little flashing light on front of HP tower? Well it just went a steady glow, no flickering like...

New drivers make games crash computer. [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a vga driver disk plus all its components on my computer plus the utilities the disc that came with the motherboard and now my computer starts blue screening whenever I open games. I tried to uninstall but that does no good. The windows tried to warn me but I pressed continue so...

Computer crash [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm facing this problem that my computer is shutting down sometimes and dispaying a message mentioning "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" and something like: " settingsmodifier:win32/possiblehostsfile hijack". I have no idea what I shall do. Please any help?!

Hdd crash [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals One of my hdd has crashed .so is that all the data in the hdd is lost? How can we retrive any important info from tat ? Is there any thing we can do? Is the hdd completely gone or can any one repair it?

Crash [ 10 Answers ]

problem of my computer is it just stops in the middle of when I am doing something and the blue screen comes up with the notice and this is not the first time it happens frequently , the message is like this :Help me please A problem as been detected and window has been shut down to prevent...

View more questions Search