Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Kenmore washing machine spin cycle
    My Kenmore washer will go through the wash cylce but when it reaches the spin cycle the water will drain out but will not spin out. I did replace the motor isolation cupling, but that did not take care of the problem. I'm thinking that the control magnet could be the culprit.
    Any thoughts?? LAJ
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2006, 05:12 PM
    I believe it's the spin solenoid. Is that what you are calling the control magnet? Also could be the pump.Normally you will smell the belt burning if this is the case. This would indicate the pump is locked up. The burnt smell comes from the stopped rubber belt riding on the turning motor
    moondoggie0000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 12:34 AM
    Maybe try looking under the lid. There is a switch that pops out when you close it allowing the tub to spin. I replaced mine 5 years ago. Cost me $3.00 and 15 minutes.
    Might be worth trying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Kenmore washer noisy spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore washer purchased Mar. 2001. The final spin cycle is very noisy (sounds like -but isn't- an unbalanced load) what should I check first?

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washing Machine doesn't spin [ 32 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work....

Kenmore Washer Won't Complete Spin Cycle [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore 110.4549290 that will agitate, and even will spin up to and including the start of the rinse cycle. It then drains the first rinse water, puts in a couple cups of water, but does not go into the rest of the spin cycle. The timer can be heard running (quietly), and it shuts...

Washing Machine Won't Spin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds...

View more questions Search