Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Oct 7, 2006, 11:58 PM
    "Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence?
    History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well.

Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ?

We seem to have developed a very high level of social and human understanding, yet we permit an increasing gap to be driven between people. We have the technology and resources to "save" the planet, yet hoard that as our "power" over others. It seems we are on such a tedious balance right now... One catastrophic event could tip the balance one way or the other.

Is humanity at a cross roads ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 8, 2006, 06:28 AM
    I think human kind is reading the handwriting on the wall and trying to get on the same page. I also think that there are many who are fighting this change for whatever reason and it will be a long time before we have a true peace and a global brotherhood neccesay for the solving of our problems on this planet.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 16, 2006, 06:04 PM
    We are definitely at a cross roads. Really, the next 100 years could go either way, we could start to push alternative fuels more, and Im not talking about during election time, Im talking actually seeing autos on the road that run on things other than petroleum.

To do that would elliminate the need for oil from the middle east, I think we can all agree that that alone would change a lot of headlines on the news.

Or North Korea can pull the trigger and send the whole world in a nulcear war, and the planet would be uninhabitable in the next 20 years.

Its really a question of where human kind wants to go. Are we going to make it work? Or are cockroaches going to be at the top of the food chain by 2050.

I think it can start with an entire restructuring of every superpower government across the world. Do away with this two sided coin, dems vs reps and get some real insight and diversity in the white house, and on other government establishments elsewhere in the world. People with real ideas! Not just people on a power trip, or trying to be the first so and so to do this, and the first so and so to do that.
    stifenli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well.

Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ?

We seem to have developed a very high level of social and human understanding, yet we permit an increasing gap to be driven between people. We have the technology and resources to "save" the planet, yet hoard that as our "power" over others. It seems we are on such a tedious balance right now ... One catastrophic event could tip the balance one way or the other.

Is humanity at a cross roads ?
    Well I have read some books , and I have also heard about some giant planet that's bigger than jupiter is going to destroy ours , I believe it ,though it seems like a movie
    ,believe what you want ,but should look for some of this information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

How to get "dark"skin [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a way to get "dark" skin (not like a tan darker)? :confused:

View more questions Search