Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrokenPrincess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Am I beautiful? What is actually considered beautiful?
    Hi, my name's Julia. I know what you might be thinking:"Not another one of those self-conscious girls who wants to be told how pretty they are!"...
    But I'm not like that. . I just want to know... What is considered beautiful, besides that great personality? Is it really about high cheekbones? Those doe eyes.. So here are some pics of me:
    One without make up:
    DSC01946.jpg picture by SheKnowsBest - Photobucket

Another one without:
    DSC00646.jpg picture by SheKnowsBest - Photobucket
    And one with it:
    Me....(am the left one) picture by SheKnowsBest - Photobucket
    But please, don't be rude... I am a very sensitive person...
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Eveyone has a different idea of beauty. Everyone is attracted to different features. You can't say ABC is beautiful and XYZ is ugly. It doesn't work that way.

You are definitely a good looking girl. You have great skin and beautiful hair. (But of course, someone who is partial to brown hair would not agree with me.)

Either way, looks fade with time. If you are kind, friendly and happy people will be attracted to you.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Well I think everyone's opinion on beauty is different. For me I have always been attracted to the under dog. For some reason I find less attractive men the most attractive. I have heard my whole life "thats your husband" because he is by far what people would picture me being with I guess.
    I did look at your pictures. I do find you attractive. If I had to compare your beauty to someone I would say Cameran Diaz, but your prettier.
    jrk Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 06:16 PM

Don't let anyone tell you you're not beautiful, because you are just that. Anyone that thinks differently is crazy, and needs to have their eyes checked.

Jeremy
    phymin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 09:35 PM
    You are a beautiful girl who I like:)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 09:42 PM

I'm having a hard time believing that your not one of those "self-conscious girls who wants to be told how pretty they are".

Some people may say your ugly and some may say you're a knock-out. I really wouldn't go prowling for feedback- you usually end up with negative results.

If someone is telling you that your beautiful accept it. If someone says that your ugly accept it also. With life there comes both.

Learn to accept yourself first, then you won't need anyone else's acceptance.

Sarah
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jun 5, 2009, 09:54 PM

Everyone's idea of beauty is different. It really all depends on an individuals idea of beauty. I have never been the pretty lil' button nosed girl that the media likes to portray as "beautiful". I've always been "pretty" but in a unique way. I have pale skin but dark exotic features, I have high cheekbones but a larger nose, but somehow seem to fit my face. I have had men turn me down because I wasn't the typical pretty blonde. But my fiancée LOVES my unique blend of features that make up my beauty. And I have gotten plenty of attention from other men because of how I look.

There is no clear cut "this is the blueprint for the ultimate beautiful girl". There will be many that find you gorgeous, some will find you cute and some will say.. not my type. Don't drive yourself crazy thinking you need to have all these things in order to be beautiful. Believe that you are beautiful.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 10:05 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What one person finds beautiful another will not. It depends on many different things.

I think you're young, that's why you're hung up on beauty. When you get older, get a few laugh lines, a few wrinkles, have a few kids and your body changes, you won't be that concerned with beauty anymore.

Guys won't be either. Most guys, when they get older, don't go after the gorgeous blond with blue eyes and a nice rack. They go for someone the can talk to, laugh with, live with, not just look at.

Are you pretty? You tell me. What do you think?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Do you really need this, validation from strangers , to feel beautiful? I couldn't open your links, so I have no earthly idea what you look like. It sounds like you're attractive by the other's comments. But a truly " beautiful " person would NOT have written in here and asked that question. You asked for us to not be rude, that means to me that you only want positive re-enforcement. Does your ego need stroking? Do some volunteer work for the elderly , the needy , the homeless... that will make you feel beautiful where it counts, in your heart. If that sounds rude , I'm sorry. May GOD bless you, and keep you from being taken advantage of.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 11:02 PM

It's obvious she wants validation. The fact that this is her very first post, well, that says a lot.

Also, the titles of her pictures. Me without makeup, me with makeup. That says a lot.

Also, she's young. I'd say 15-17 years old. I'm a bit concerned that such a young girl would come onto a site, not know anything about said site and post her picture asking complete strangers to tell her she's pretty.

There are a lot of creeps out there, you have to be careful what you put out on the internet. Not that the pictures are sexual in nature, but with the wrong person, they could be.

All in all, it's disturbing.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Since my last post, my computer allowed me to open the pictures. There's one at Christmas time , with possibly her mother, aunt, whomever... when most would/should be happy and smiling, but she's not. I'm not psychic, but I'm wondering if it's because of the sans makeup capture. Yes, she's pretty like I figured ( there you go Julia ), but I agree with you Alt. she seems young , and it is scary. Julia don't be a like a leaking balloon - and need a daily inflation of your ego/vanity. Especially from internet strangers. Be safe, read the daily news. YOU ASKED.
    thchower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 07:52 PM
    Can't see your face, but one thing is for sure, you can't please everyone.
    Kiyomi_Pyon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 02:37 AM
    Maybe she just wants to know. There's always the possibility that someone is just curious, not that they are seeking attention. And for the record, I do find her pretty.
    rebekhabecky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 01:09 PM
    In my opinion you are beautiful and no I'm not just saying that because of that everyone is beautiful in their own way crap because I hate when people say that but honestly you are pretty your not WOW! Factor but your not standard either if you fix your hair up and dress up yourself you'll look gorgeous so take my advice your beautiful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I see myself as beautiful? [ 3 Answers ]

Since I was a young child I have always been on the heavy side. I have had to face being called ugly, fat, and much worse from peers and family. I didn't mind my peers calling me names cause that's just what immature children do but what hurt me the most is the insults I received from my family....

My beautiful man [ 5 Answers ]

I love a married man who has not lived with his wife for at least 10 years as she left him to live with her lover all that time ago. We have lived together for the last year and a half . He tells me it's just a piece of paper and that they just never got around to divorce. I don't want to marry...

Beautiful? [ 7 Answers ]

So I met this guy over summer while on vacation. I noticed him looking at me a lot . I was in the ocean with my older sister and he swam over to us he talked to us for a little, then asked to meet us that night. We met with his friend. We learned that he was 24 and his friend was 22. We...

View more questions Search