Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scorpiioo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Scar Treatment
    Hi,

I have a scar on my nose due to glass cut and its very visible.

I used dermatix cream but was not effective.

Please advice me that is there any cream that can help me to reduce the scar visibility or
    I will have to go for laser treatment.

Best Regards
    Vicky
    PezzBraa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Hi Well I Had a Scar On My Leg That Was Really Bad And I Just Used Coconut Butter , Olive Oil And Sorbolene Cream They Work..
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jun 10, 2009, 11:58 AM

Cocoa butter is good for scars.

But I've found glycolic acid or lactic acid helped more. They help renew the skin therefore making the scar look less visible.
    You can buy creams or lotions that contain glycolic or lactic acid. There are also peels too!

Once you start using glycolic or lactic acid, you will need to use SPF, at least factor 15 during the day as your skin will be sensitive.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I remove a Keloid scar (piercing scar tissue)? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a navel piercing a year ago. Unfortunately, it somehow got inflamed and removed itself out of the skin; hence, created a scar which I believe is called the Keloid scar. I had once stopped by the piercing place to ask for professional suggestion of whether not I could be able to re-pierce it,...

Best scar treatment? [ 14 Answers ]

Well I recently got in a car accident about 4 weeks ago, and I got cut pretty bad on my face, and has a big scar... anyone know of a real good scar treatment that has worked for theM?? I have tried mederma and have seen no results.

Acne scar treatment and skin lightening [ 3 Answers ]

I am desperate for any answers or anyone that can help me. I'm a 29 year old dark skinned black woman who has suffered from acne since I was a teenager, which has left scarring on my face, back and chest. All I want is something that will help diminish the scars. I feel extremely depressed because...

African american scar treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Im 22 years old and I grew up as a tom boy so I always was very rough on body. As a result I have tons of "scars". Most people only consider scars to be raised and keloid. Mine are just dark marks that never faded. I have tons of them on my legs and knees that make me very uncomfortable. I don't...

View more questions Search