Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Multiple Combo Box
    I have seen before in a database a certain combo box.
    I am using MS Access 2000 and Visual Basic.
    This combo box had 5 choices, all these choices had a control source to a field called Initiatves; so when a user clicked a choice it was a new record in the initiative field in the tblMain.
    The twist is that the user has the option of clicking up to 5 choices. So they can click 1, 2,. or up to 5 etc. And if they choose 5 of the options in the combo box, each 5 choices will be populated as new records in the initiatives field.
    It worked like this. The combo box was in a form. Under the label(initiatives) was the combo box, once the user clicked a choice right away a new combo box would appear under the first combo box, with a line in between separating the choices. If the user clicked a second choice with this new box that appeared and wanted a third choice all the user had to do was click under the new line that separates the choices and then another combo drop down box would appear.

I must implement something like this into my database. Can you help me, do you know how it is done?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2009, 06:52 AM

If you are using a VB front end to an Access database then this question belongs in the VB programming area as it has to do with the front end, not the back end.Let me know and I will move your thread.

If you are using VBA within an Access app, you can use a Listbox control which has a multi-Select property.
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    If you are using a VB front end to an Access database then this question belongs in the VB programming area as it has to do with the front end, not the back end.Let me know and I will move your thread.

If you are using VBA within an Access app, you can use a Listbox control which has a multi-Select property.
    Thank you however I have tried a listbox with a multi-select property, it allowed me to choose up to 5 options but they did not show up as new records in the field.
    Perhaps you are right about the front end and if you wouldn't mind moving my thread or if you have any other suggestions about the list box that may work. Thank you very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple Choice Combo Box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a combo box with three choices; Innovation, Competitive and Amenities. The Control Source field for these choices is called; Initiatives. I want the user to be able to choose 1, 2 or even 3 of these options on my form. I have made a mulit select listbox but they are not showing up in the...

Dvd/vcr combo [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook my magnavox dvd/vcr combo to my TV which has already installed a charter communications cable box and a magnavox sound system.

Is this d right combo? [ 2 Answers ]

First time here and not sure how this works! Will try to add as much info as possible. An HVAC installer that was referred to me by a friend gave me an estimate last Saturday on replacing my 27 y.o. furnace and 8 y.o. outside unit. This is the third estimate and least expensive. The installer...

Is there any way to do this 3-way combo? [ 2 Answers ]

G'day guys. I'm attaching a diagram of what I have. Power comes to the box at the back wall in my kitchen. From there I have one switch to control the back porch light, and a 3-way switch that controls the kitchen lights. On the other wall, adjacent to the dining room, is the other 3-way...

View more questions Search