Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acostaaustin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 10:44 PM
    401K information
    Hello: I'm new to this site. My question is how can I find out about my 401 plan and how much money I have in it? Help... Thanks Maria
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 05:40 AM

You should be receiving an account statement from the 401(k) plan administrator quarterly. If not, then call the plan admin to make sure they have the right address - their contact number should be included in the materials you received when you signed up, and would also be on any old statements you have kept. If for some reason you don't know who the plan administrator is, then call the HR department at your employer and ask who you should contact.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2009, 05:48 AM

Welcome to AMHD! Some companies have a web site where you can find current balances, make transfers etc. But the people to ask this question are the plan admins. Call your HR or Benefits liaison and they will be happy to give you instructions.
    acostaaustin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    You should be receiving an account statement from the 401(k) plan administrator quarterly. If not, then call the plan admin to make sure they have the right address - their contact number should be included in the materials you received when you signed up, and would also be on any old statements you have kept. If for some reason you don't know who the plan administrator is, then call the HR department at your employer and ask who you should contact.
    Thank you so much for your anwer. Sure enough I did what you advised and got great results. Thanks again. Maria
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by acostaaustin View Post
    Thank you so much for your anwer. Sure enough I did what you advised and got great results. Thanks again. Maria

Glad to be of help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax information [ 1 Answers ]

If an LLC vendor only soldy your tangible goods/supplies should they receive a 1099?

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

Who has any information? [ 2 Answers ]

Can wages that are being garnish add interest in TN?

Tax information [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an F-1 student, filed my taxes electronically. What the problem is that I filled out the 1040 form instead of 1040NR. Also I came to know about this after I got my refund. Will this affect me in the future because I must apply for a H-1B visa next year. So what would be the next immediate...

401K or Roth 401K [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, I am an Indian, presently working for a USA company. I will be in US for next 2-3 years and then I will return back to my country. My employer gave the option to enroll for 401K plan or Roth 401k or a combination of both. And the employer matches my contribution at the rate of 50cents on a...

View more questions Search