Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmmathishard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 04:44 PM
    grams to newtons, newtons to grams
    What is the equation used to convert grams into newtons and newtons into grams?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 3, 2009, 06:56 PM

1g of weight = 0.001kg of mass * 9.80665m/s^2 (gravitational constant at sea Level on earth)

so...

1g = 0.00980665N
    1N = 101.972g
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 07:48 PM

Grams can't be converted into Newtons. A Newton is a force. A gram is mass. Force isn't mass.

As jcaron2 mentioned, the force (weight) is dependent on the acceleration due to gravity but on the moon or somewhere else (where the acceleration due to gravity differs), the weight (force) is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newtons law [ 1 Answers ]

each of the four wheels of a car pushes on the road with a force of 4.0 x 10^3 N. The driving force on the car is 8.0 x 10^3N. The frictional resistance on the car is 6.0 x 10^3N . Calculate the following a) the mass of the car b) the net force on the car c) the car's acceleration. so...

Weight in newtons [ 1 Answers ]

What is the weight in newtons of a 30-kg suitcase? What is the weight in pounds? A 400-kg sailboat accelerates at a rate of 1.5 m/s2. What is the net force acting on it?

Mole to grams/grams to moles [ 2 Answers ]

I have no idea out to convert grams to moles I just don't get it... I need help please

Newtons 2nd law [ 1 Answers ]

A 80 kg stuntman falls of a 20m platform ,falls for 18m and lands on a 2m deep foam mat what is the minimum upward force the mat must exert to keep him from hitting the ground

Newtons 2nd law & gas milage [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, Using newtons 2nd law of motion, why cars get better gas mileage than trucks? Please help asap:D

View more questions Search