Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ccookie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Addicted to Meth
    Ive been using meth on and off for 3 years I like the way it makes me feel sexually, but long term the results are going to be bad. I work a lot, is there any way I can kick the habit without going to rehab? Please Help!
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Jun 3, 2009, 01:23 PM

I was a user for 8 yrs and rehab was out of the question. Like you I decided it was time to stop before my luck ran out. I decided to join the military and it worked out great for me, been clean for 11 yrs. Now.

I'm not saying that you need to join the military but if you get into a program/hobby with others who are committed in such program/hobby you can do it.

Everyone is different so becareful, always plan on medical help for a more safer solution.
    cowdough Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2009, 05:17 AM
    4 choices here... keep doing it til' something really really bad and life altering happens that scares you into stopping, or just put it down... get rid of those people and the dope will follow... or... move. Or... keep up your crap and go to prison... sure fire cure right there... I've been doing it since I was 17, been in the hospital :eek:, been to prison :confused:, had guns pulled on me :eek:, lost a family :(, and now my teeth look like CRAP! :mad:just knock it off... 3 yrs. Ain't nuthin'... should be easy for you...
    OzSocialWorker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdough View Post
    3 yrs. ain't nuthin'.....should be easy for ya....
    That is absolute rubbish!
    It is also really silly to suggest that a person can just 'knock off' their use...

Time is not a true indicator of how 'easy' or 'hard; it is to withdraw from a substance.

Lots of things are factors in a persons ability to successfully withdraw from a substance, not just getting the substance out of the body. There are many biopsychosocial factors which need to be addressed.

It is obvious cowdough, that you do not have a fundamental understanding of addiction medicine based on your response.

Best of luck to thread starter. You can withdraw in the community (i.e: not needing to go to rehab). Best to consult with a doctor or a drug and alcohol service who can help you to manage your withdrawal in the community. Please keep us updated. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is addicted to meth [ 16 Answers ]

I need some help on a very difficult situation. My boyfriend is addicted to drugs. Right now it is crystal meth, before it was cocaine, crack, etc. I don't know what to do! We have been together for over 5 years and it hurts to see him like this, especially when I know how good of a man he is! (I...

How to tell if someone is using meth. [ 17 Answers ]

Meth. Is not something I've ever experimented with. I see the effects it has on people but none of those through close friendships. I suspect my boyfriend is using something I think meth. We have been together 5 years and have 2 kids. He has always been a bit moody and sleep always been an issue....

Son was a meth user [ 10 Answers ]

I'll try to make this as short as I can... I put my life on hold and moved back home to take care of my mother after my father died. I was in my early 50's. I'm now almost 60. I then moved in with my son because he couldn't pay his bills and wouldn't get out of bed, I took over the house, bought...

My brother is addicted to meth [ 18 Answers ]

So yesterday we got a disturbing call from my uncle. He informed me that my brother is addicted to meth and stole a credit card from another employee. Also he is in trouble and debt with a drug dealer. WHAT DO I DO? I can't believe this. We are going to denver hopefully to convront him and to try...

View more questions Search