Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Opsavocat Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Antique Desk worth
    Can anyone tell me the worth of this antique desk? My father brought it back from Minnesota a number of years ago. Thanks
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 08:35 PM

Hi, Opsavocat!

Does it have a chair or bench that goes with it?

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2009, 08:53 PM

No it doesn't.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 08:54 PM

Hi again, Opsavocat!

What would you estimate would be the age of the desk and what kind of wood is it constructed out of, please?

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2009, 08:58 PM

I have no idea on the age or type of wood. Perhaps maple and maybe 75 yrs old.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 09:10 PM

At first glance, it appears to be made of some kind of coniferous wood. But, it might be Mahogany.

Would it be possible for you to post an image of it with the desk cover down all the way, and maybe as an angle shot so that both the front and top are visible at the same time?

You're probably pretty close with the age, because it has styles in construction that look very similar to American furniture of the 1920's to early 1930's.

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2009, 06:04 PM

Here are some more pictures.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 06:27 PM

Thanks for posting the images, Opsavocat!

I'm going to save them and lighten them up some so that things in general are more visible.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique rolltop desk made in dayton Ohio,by the m. Chmer's son's co. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if I could get information on how to look up an old company that made an old rolltop desk my husband acquired through his father from his grandfather.. and all we got is the name off the desk and we know it was made in dayton Ohio...

Do I have an Antique if so what is it worth [ 8 Answers ]

I think I have some antiques but I'm not sure. I have a set of black cast iron hitching post horse heads. Its just the heads not the post. Are they antique? I also have a set of Red Game cock rosters liq. Bottle collectibles. On the bottom it has Heritage China 1970 S.N-7 Ezra Brooks. Are they...

Antique desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk that I purchased over 20 years ago. I am trying to find the current worth of this desk. It has one small drawer and a drop down area that a typewriter must have been placed. The drop down area has a pull out shelf. Any ideas?

How much is my antique worth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1948/JC140752 series, antique Singer Treadle Sewing machine with the sewing table and also included is a little black metal box with the singer name on it with different accessories inside. I would love to find out how much it is worth. Can anyone help me please?

Do I have an antique that's worth something? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1957 Chevy Bel-Air collectible diecast model car. I want to know what it is worth. It's still in the original box.

View more questions Search