Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherokeefun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Splitting sibling
    can the court split 2 kids up when both of them are in state custody cause of the mother but the kids have different father only one child knows her father but the other child doesn't have a father at all cause the mother want tell the state who he is... 5 yr old girl... 1 yr old boy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 09:50 AM
    The state can easily split the children up if they do not have a foster home that will take in 2 kids. They usually try their best to keep the children together, however it is not always possible.

The fact that the children have 2 different fathers does not factor in, unless the father of the child is trying to get custody. But usually they will try and place them together if at all possible.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2006, 07:32 PM
    The courts generally try to keep siblings together whenever possible. It's not a hard-and-fast rule but it is common practice.
    cherokeefun Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 02:54 PM
    So family court may rule to just leave the 5 yr old girl in fostercare and not with her maternal family.is there a law against intentional interference with father and daughter relationship.
    The WB Posts: 78, Reputation: 6

Oct 11, 2006, 09:07 PM
    If the maternal family can prove that they can provide a stable environment for the child, the state may allow the child to live with the family. But, depending on the circumstances, the mother may only have little or no contact with the child or run the risk of losing the child to the state.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherokeefun
    can the court split 2 kids up when both of them are in state custody cause of the mother but the kids have different father only one child knows her father but the other child doesnt have a father at all cause the mother want tell the state who he is...5 yr old girl...1 yr old boy.
    I think they can split the children up, although I would hope the courts would consider the circumstances and what's best for the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Splitting deduction interest & prop tax [ 3 Answers ]

My ex & I sold our home during our divorce in 2005. On my Schedule A, do I have a right to claim one half of the mortgage interest and property taxes paid during the time we owned it? What if I claim half and he claims the entire amount? We lost money on the sale. Is there a deduction for that?

Sibling restraining order due to manulipation of children? [ 6 Answers ]

My question is,, In California can I get a restraning order to keep my sister away from my children who are 11 & 14. She talksa to them about "how bad of a parent" I am, and tells them I can't afford the things they want because I am broke and at the moment disabled and not bringing in as much $$...

View more questions Search