Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parkslopemg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 08:49 AM
    How do I scan
    I have an all in one print scan copy. How do I know it is connected to the computer? Is that proven in that I can pri9nt from AOL to the printer... then how come it doesn't scan when I am in word it says I am not connected... u know?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Read the manual.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
    An All in One has a single connection usually via a USB cable. If you can print then the device is connected.

Did you install all the software?If you press the scan button on the devicem what happens?
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
    The scanner should say whether it is email ready or not... check with the manual or the information on the box... if it does not say so take it back and get what you need... just because it says all in one that is fax, printer and copier and scanner it is not email ready... if you followed the installation by pressing next next next read next... the scanner icon will be on your computer... not doubt about that... what is the name of the all in one... personally... I love Cannon products for my printing and scanning needs... also check to see if your all in one does text...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNAGODDESS
    The scanner should say whether or not it is email ready or not...
    There is nothing in the OP's question that refers to scanning to e-mail. Many scanners and AIOs have a scan to e-mail button. Basically what these do is scan the item, then open your default e-mail program and automatically attach the scanned image. So even if the device does not have such a button, you can still e-mail a scanned image, by scanning, saving and attaching manually.

So there really isn't any such thing as an "e-mail ready" scanner. Its just a convenience feature that many of them have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Word & Excel Requesting Virus Scan [ 2 Answers ]

When opening a Word Excel document the message 'requesting virus scan' appears when opening the application then when opening the file the same message again. Instead of a couple of seconds for whole procedure it now takes 11 to 23 seconds. I had made no changes to my computer. Following another...

MSword requesting virus scan-?help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with MSword. When I open a doc it takes a while and when I finally get word open there is a note on the bottom bar saying "requesting virus scan". Then it loads the document. I run a fast PC, late version of word, scan for virus with norton (updated weekly). Any thoughts on...

AVG Anti-Virus Scan Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have AVG Anti-Virus free edition. When I run a full system scan manually, the test comes back complete with no virus found and no errors. However, when I schedule a test to run automatically at a specific time, the result always comes back with 13 viruses found. Specifically, various trojan...

Virus scan program [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone help me with a good and free virus scanner? Bye boud

Scan disk for Windows 98SE [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to use the scan disk but it doesn't work. It says there isn't enough memory, or close down programs. I don't understand. My computer says there is about 70% of free space left, and I close down the programs before trying to use the scan disk. In fact before I never had any...

View more questions Search