Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gadgetman Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Web affilliates, are they a good thing?
    Has anyone had success in website site affilliates.

We see so many banners and pop-ups on websites, do you really make any money from then.

Any suggestions or recommendations?
    Sunaina Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 12:34 PM
    I have a website as affiliate I only earned $13 in 3 weeks... when I asked them they said I've to be patient to see results... they say it can take time from 1month to 6month to be successful... so I'm still waiting
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
    A majority of sites pay by sale (CPS) rather than click (CPC) these days. I've seen an average conversion rate at the seller end of 2% quoted somewhere (this will vary by industry, of course). On your end, conversion will be defined by click through. So actual sales per month might be calculated like this:

actual sales = total visits X affiliate conversion rate X seller conversion rate

Suppose you have 10,000 visits per month to your site, the affiliate conversion rate (clickthroughs) is 5%, and the seller conversion rate (actual sales) is 2%. That would mean 10,000 X .05 X .02 = 10 sales per month. This obviously won't be a way to get rich quick from your website, unless you have a lot of visitors and/or the return to you per unit sold is quite high.

Be aware too that popup and ad blockers are becoming very popular... I use one. ;) This will affect the affiliate conversion rate for many ads. Personally, I'd be very selective about ads and choose to be an affiliate only if the ad provides a product or service of genuine use to your visitors, and thus enhances your site (like an Amazon book that fits in well with your site's theme). View any income from it as a nice bonus rather than an income stream and you're likely not to be disappointed.
    shellyki Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2008, 07:28 PM
    To do this successfully it is helpful to have a niche and to have a very well optimized site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I do the right thing ? [ 5 Answers ]

I call the animal cruelty number to my neighbor and they said that they will investigate him and probably sue him > thanks labman and everyone else for helping I really appreciate it .

Something not good with my kitten... [ 5 Answers ]

Hello : I am a new member here... I thought I'd come here for your help for something wrong with my kitten... I bought my kitten a month ago... I haven't seen a normal stool ever since only soft or diarrhea... I took him to the vet for 2 or 4 tme about this issue he gave him 3 injection.. and...

Is this the right thing to do? [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I have this ex and he knows I still like him and one week he will say o I love you still to and then the next week he will ignore my calls and text and everything so what I've been trying to do is avoied him and stuff like that like I took him out of my pro and all this and when he ims or...

Oh this thing! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am getting frustrated because I have spybot and it keeps finding something called Statblaster.memorywatcher and I don't know how to get rid of it. I try to get my email on Outlook Express and set a homepage for my IE and every time I put in a new URL under internet options...

Do they mean the same thing? [ 1 Answers ]

Please solve thisproblem for me. Are the three sentences the same? 1. People were crazy about her singing. 2. People really liked her singing. 3. Her singing made people crazy. Thank you.

View more questions Search