Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sashatez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Sick Staffy
    Hi Everyone,

Just a bit of advice or your opinion please. I have an 8month old Staff Terrier and 4 days ago she went off her food. Her stools became loose and she started vomiting. I took her straight to the vets thinking she may have swallowed something (she's a bit of a scavenger!) but after checking her over the vet said he thought it was probably viral, told me to not feed her for 24hours and then introduce her food gradually.

I took her again the next day and the vet said she had a bit of a temp but otherwise seemed happy and bright. I know my dog, she is NOT happy and bright at the moment!

She's shaking, shivering, won't eat, is hardly drinking (although I'm giving her electrolyte solution) and is sleeping tons! She's just so lethargic and she's normally so bubbly and bright.

Im back at the vets with her on Monday but was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what this could be, if anyone has had anything similar or if there is something my vet is missing?!

Thanks in advance
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 07:30 AM
    If you can find another vet I would go and I would go today. This does not at all seem normal or healthy.

I would not go back to this vet at all. I would wonder if your pup has parvo, yes, parvo is a virus, but a deadly virus if not treated immediately.

There may be other reasons, but I just named this one that I know of cause one of my pups had it.

Hopefully someone with more pet knowledge will give some more ideas on your issue.
    The WB Posts: 78, Reputation: 6

Oct 7, 2006, 07:33 PM
    I agree with J9. My dog had it too. The vet told me that it burns their insides even if they drink water. You don't have long. She is lethargic because she is dehydrated and can not eat to get any energy and her insides are burning.
    Sashatez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Oh my god, OK I'm taking her to another vet now, will keep you updated and thanks so much for your advice.

If it turns out that it is parvo, then my current vet has had it! I wondered why he hadn't done no blood tests, even a urine sample?!

Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick bulldog! [ 7 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old English Bulldog, Her name is Neah. About 2 months ago I noticed she was peeing frequently, and pooping frequently but little by little. On top of that she was throwing up everywhere! I was so worried. We took her to the vet, said that she just hed some built up fluid and...

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

My dad is very sick [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I just found out last night that my dad is in the hospital with Chronic Leukimia. According to the doctors they said that this is a very treatable disease and that the disease itself is non-aggressive. The only thing that I don't understand is that my father had no symptoms. Such...

My dachshund is sick [ 2 Answers ]

Scooby is our dachshund's name. He is wonderful to have around. Yesterday he started coughing and trying to get something out of his throat. When he does get something up it is just white mucus. He isn't eating much and isn't his usually playful self. What can I do for him?

My dog is sick! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my dog won't eat he has blissters on his mouth he is running a temp and has a swollen gland and I need 2 noe what it is fast so please help!! :eek:

View more questions Search