Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gadgetman Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 05:08 AM
    I have a scammers ip, what next?
    I own an internet business, and I have discovered that someone or some company have been placing bogus, misleading and obcene adverts perpetrating to be ours on forums and advertising websites.

Not only has this caused us to loose business but it also gives the impression that I am running an illegal business, which is totally untrue. In short these people are trying their hardest to close my business.

We have discovered through investigations, these peoples IP number. Can anyone suggest what the next step I should do.

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
    I'd start by notifying the ISP. Others may pipe in on whether there are any other authorities that you could send it to.

Oct 7, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Here in the UK the police do not want to know, so I have to go through other channels.

I have sent two abuse reports to [email protected] and [email protected] with details.

Hopefully I can resolve the ugly matter.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2006, 06:36 AM
    If it were me I'd consider posting the correct info and possibly even address the guy - in those same forums.

Oct 7, 2006, 06:50 AM
    We have posted replys to these messages, and to explain to folks on the forums that these adverts are scams and consitute abuse. I have also contacted Google who host the groups. Waiting for Google's response.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2006, 07:03 AM
    What a crapper. I hope it did not harm you too much... and hope you get at least some sort of satisfaction. Heck, the "air time" might even get you some new business.

Oct 7, 2006, 07:16 AM
    :D Well like they say, every cloud has a silver lining. I'll just keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search