Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruffino3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 01:12 PM
    MY GE Side by Side Model MZ246530 ice inside food
    My GE Side by Side is making ice inside food packages. Can this be repaired by myself, is it expensive?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 02:15 PM

This can be caused by a number of things. The refrigerator may be turned too cold. The damper that controls air flow from the freezer to the cold food section may be stuck or frozen or incorrectly adjusted. The air path that is controlled by the damper may be blocked. The defrost timer may be faulty. The thermostat may be faulty.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Are you comfortable opening up the refrigerator and working inside? Do you have a volt-ohm meter and do you know how to use it? Are you comfortable working with electricity?
    Hot Corn Bread Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2009, 03:28 PM

What kind of packages? Sounds like things got unfrozed, melted out the water and refroze because of a power failure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Side by side refrigerator Model GS5SHAXQOO Serial SR1148136 DOM 03-04 [ 1 Answers ]

The lites in the fridg would intermittantly go on and off, and there was a clicking sound like a relay hooking-up and letting go. Now the lits Do NOT work. Freezer lites work correctly(tells me they are on different circuit) Am I thinking in the right direction that it has a bad relay? Where is it...

GE side by side icemaker leaking - Model #GSS27RGMF BB [ 1 Answers ]

It is still making ice but it leaks and forms a glob of ice under the white blade. When I clean off the glob of ice, I can see it dripping near the white blade. It drips slowly, a few drips at a time, like a dripping faucet. Any ideas?

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light [ 1 Answers ]

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. LbashabrannerJul 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and...

View more questions Search