Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayrock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
    Credit Bureaus
    When someone contests items on their credit report in writing, how long does it take the bureaus to respond?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Oct 6, 2006, 08:13 PM
    I believe that the credit bureaus are allowed 30 working days to investigate a dispute from a consumer. This would translate to about 45 calendar days. If you need a disputed item corrected more quick, there are services available that claim to do this in as little as a week. If time is of the essence; as in increasing your FICO scores to qualify for a new mortgage, then that may be the route to go. Those companies charge $ per trade line, per credit bureau (Experian, Equifax & TransUnion).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit cards [ 18 Answers ]

My friend used her parents credit card after they had been deceased. When somebody called her house to speak with them a relative told the company they were desceased. Now the company is calling and wants a death certificate sent. What can she do to not get in trouble over this. Ignore the...

Restoring my credit [ 4 Answers ]

I just paid off everything on my credit report that was negative. I have a car loan and a student loan in good standing. Everything else was seriously delinquent , in collections, or an attorney. I have paid it all off, what's the best way to build my credit back up?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search