Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannon138 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 05:53 AM
    How do I go about finding out if I am eligible for a class action lawsuit.
    I was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2001. My doctors have documented that the sole reason I got cancer is because of the chewing tpbaccp and cigarettes I smoked. Obviously I have heard about lawsuits against tobacco companies for similar reasons. My question is where do I start to see if this is anything that I can do to at the very least get my doctor bills paid for.
    Thank you for your time;
    Shannon
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 06:04 AM
    The best thing you can do is contact a lawyer is your area who specializes in lawsuits against tobacco companies.

In the past, tobacco companies falsely advertised their products and targeted children. Previous lawsuits have forced them to correct these practices by putting explicit warning labels and contributing to education for children.

You have not included the specifics of your situation, but give them to a lawyer and he will help you determine if a lawsuit would be prudent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon138 View Post
    I was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2001. My doctors have documented that the sole reason I got cancer is because of the chewing tpbaccp and cigarettes I smoked.

Let me ask you, how old you are now and how old were you when you started smoking or using chewing tobacco?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 07:31 AM

I don't like to "advertise" a private site but, having said that, here is one: http://www.lawcash.com/attorney/2844...co-lawsuit.asp

(Thanks Nikosmom! Good catch but out of greenies.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do to start a class action suit [ 10 Answers ]

I need to know what steps to take (follow) to file a class action suit against a predatory lender.

Best action to take re lawsuit [ 7 Answers ]

My 85 yr old dad's home is heated by oil and he has an outdoor oil tank. He went away for a few weeks and left his heat on low to make sure the house would stay warm. (it is winter). He returned to find the house cold and no heat. He called & had someone come to see if the furnace was broken and...

Recent Polybutylene Class Action Lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I am having problems with my polybutylene pipes. I purchased my home a little under two years ago and was wondering if I was still eligible under any of the class action lawsuits. Any info would be helpful.

How do you begin a class-action lawsuit? [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing business with a company that I have suddenly discovered is providing false information in their marketing and in their manuals and int the customers ervice and I am not alone in how much time and $ this company has cost me and my business. I never would have had the problems with the...

View more questions Search