Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brucetony1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 05:52 AM
    How to price a bid on a job stripping, waxing & buffing floor
    I'm starting to work with a commercial cleaning company that has been dong subcontracting cleaning work for years. We want to submit our own bids for cleaning but do not know how to price a bid. Right now we would like help for bidding on a job stripping, waxing and buffing about 3000 sq ft once a month. It is in a day care in the Atlanta, GA area.
    Any ideals on how to price a bid per square foot or per hour better?

Thanks for all of your help.

brucetony1
    Shannon138 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 05:58 AM
    The first thing would be to figure out how much your supplies are going to cost you to do that many sq. feet. Then figure out how much time it is going to take you and your employees (if any) to complete the job. Add those two prices together and add 10% for "extras".
    I hope this has helped you.

Shannon
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 07:32 PM

I would highly suggest that you incorporate your business if you haven't already, for your customers' and your own financial safety.

And that you purchase liability insurance from an insurance company before you do any work. Also if you are going to have employees then I also suggest that you see an accountant/CPA for help in setting up your books.

That being said, I ask, are you to completely strip and refinish with 4-5 coats of finish EACH month or is there scrubbing and refinishing involved?

Although you are responsible for your own pricing always, I can tell you that the going rate per square foot in the Chicago area ranges from; $ .17 when very competitive to $ .25 sq ft otherwise...

I would also suggest that you do not take this business from your previous 'employer' as that would not be ethical.

I hope this helped some?

Stringer
    elvis31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I would highly suggest that you incorporate your business if you haven't already, for your customers' and your own financial safety.

And that you purchase liability insurance from an insurance company before you do any work. Also if you are going to have employees then I also suggest that you see an accountant/CPA for help in setting up your books.

That being said, I ask, are you to completely strip and refinish with 4-5 coats of finish EACH month or is there scrubbing and refinishing involved?

Although you are responsible for your own pricing always, I can tell you that the going rate per square foot in the Chicago area ranges from; $ .17 when very competitive to $ .25 sq ft otherwise....

I would also suggest that you do not take this business from your previous 'employer' as that would not be ethical.

I hope this helped some?

Stringer

Stringer,
    I liked you reply, excellent way to send people onto the right direction.
    I actually needed to learn everything on my own when I started my business 8 years ago.
    Now luckily I can stop growing and I am looking for a mentor before things start getting out of control. Would you have some time available once a month for a lunch mentoring meeting?

I came across you looking for stripping and wax pricing.

Thanks for your attetion

Martin Lorenzo
    AHS Inc.
    AFFORDABLE HANDYMAN Services of Chicago Inc.1-800-257-3105
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 03:11 AM
    Original poster has never returned.

Thread is now dated and archived.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bikini waxing [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have never had one done, so I wanted to know what's the process to having your bikini area waxed. Like do you wear underwear or are you totally bare? And what places do they wax exactly?

Shaving... Waxing.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 16 and live in England and I need help!! Right I know this is probably not "health" but it was under women's so I thought I'd ask any way. I know this is a stupid question and women are going to be thinking oh my god no way did she just ask that but here goes. I want to get rid of my pubic...

Waxing in Ireland [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys just wondering what age do you have to be to get your legs waxed in Ireland?:confused: Thanks xxx

Price for striping and waxing. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to charge a striping/waxing job: -Once striping /waxing, not recurring service. -Everything on me(Moving tables/chairs/file cabinets); -Around 11 thousand sf area(Classroom and hallways); -All supplies on me,(Three coats to be applied) _Two days to get it done.(Boston...

How to get rid of an abrsion from waxing [ 8 Answers ]

Please help me get rid of these abrasions from waxing they look horrible!! PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE PLEAse my mom won't help she's just mad at me for what I've done to my face :mad:

View more questions Search