Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drummergirl6 Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Drum interview
    I play drums and I have done for 6 years now and I've never really had lessons only the few at school, I have been doing a sport course at college for 2 yrears it wa sthe wrong choice and I now applying for a music cours... I have an interview on the 9th and have to perform on myinstrument which is drums but I don't think much of myself and I'm really scraed I'm not sure what to perform or even if I want to go to the interview as I'm so scared people say I'm good and I use to play in a band but they seem bias as they friends and family helpp
    Fru5tr4t3d Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 06:40 PM
    I was in a similar position when I was 16, but I play guitar. I was self-taught, having played for 3 years, and I was absolutely CRAP. I'm not just saying that either. I went into the interview and played Wonderwall, No Woman No Cry, and I busted out some really ropey bar chords.

I knew I wasn't much good, but I showed up and did what I could, and they put me on the course! When I showed up for our first day, I was easily the worst musician there, hands down!

You'll be fine. They'll need drummers anyway!
    magpie0045 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2009, 06:51 PM

I'm a drumer. I've taken lessons and the only thing they really teach you is page music.. but I learned a lot. Don't worry. Just drum from the heart I'm sure you'll do okay..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 07:00 PM

Do you read music ? If they put music in front of you, can you tell them all about it from the sheets

And to be honest if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will ever, others will only believe you are as good as you think you are.

Jun 1, 2009, 08:01 PM

I can read page music for a drum kit the treble cleft and the bass cleft and about 15 other instruments so far.. I'm only 13. I have a lot more learning to do.

Jun 2, 2009, 12:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Do you read music ? if they put music in front of you, can you tell them all about it from the sheets

And to be honest if you don't beleive in yourself, no one else will ever, others will only beleive you are as good as you think you are.
    Yes I can read music.. they said you have to have a piece to perform ready and I'm so stuck

Jun 3, 2009, 01:48 PM

Make your own just make it up and right it down
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 06:12 PM

Hi, drummergirl6!

Exactly what will you be auditioning for, please? Is this just for snare drum, trap set or percussion in general?

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2009, 12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, drummergirl6!

Exactly what will you be auditioning for, please? Is this just for snare drum, trap set or percussion in general?

Thanks!
    I auditioning for music practice national diploma, I have to perform on the instrment I can play

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil drum bbq [ 4 Answers ]

I got lots of empty oil drum, I want to make bbq grills out of them looking for some good designs?

Flash Drum Or Knock out Drum [ 2 Answers ]

What is Flash Drum Or Knock out Drum In chemical engineering?

Design of a vapor-liquid separator (or flash drum, or knockout drum) [ 2 Answers ]

A vapor-liquid separator drum is a vertical vessel into which a liquid and vapor mixture (or a flashing liquid) is fed and wherein the liquid is separated by gravity, falls to the bottom of the vessel, and is withdrawn. The vapor travels upward at a design velocity which minimizes the entrainment...

Oil Drum BBQ [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Are there any plans available on the net... free of charge? I too am interested in creating an oil drum bbq as well as an oil drum smoker. My impression of a smoker would have it on the vertical with sections cut out of the side. One at the bottom for the fire/smoke and a larger one above to...

View more questions Search