Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    golmerjrod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 02:20 PM
    My company is taxing part my per diem
    I am a truck driver my company pays us 100$ per night for food and hotel
    We get taxed on what we don't show recepts for and most nights we don't spend all of the money we are left with about 30$ left over. Can they do this to me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 06:52 AM

Hello g:

What you DON'T spend becomes income to you. Of course, you have to pay taxes on it.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 07:56 AM

A company doesn't "tax". The government taxes. Is your company witholding it from you and somehow remitting it to the government (IRS perhaps)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file my taxes with part non taxed and part taxed per diem [ 1 Answers ]

My job extended past the 12 month period. My per diem was non taxable for 4 months of 2008 and taxable for the remaining 8 months. I am still on this project with perdiem being taxed and should complete assignment end of April 2009. How do I file my taxes. I usually use the government allowed rate...

Why do you aspire to be part of this company? [ 3 Answers ]

Please help, I kind of know what to say, but I need more! Why do you aspire to be part of this company? Is tha question.

Taxing per diem [ 2 Answers ]

My wife travels with her job. In the past the per diem that she receives to pay her rent and living expenses has never been taxed. Now a new accountant says they have to start taxing these funds. This doesn't seem right. Got an answer ?

Reg H1B taxing [ 1 Answers ]

Dear tax expert, Thanks for your reply. But, my earlier query also included knowing about taxes, when being single. I earlier described myself being single, from India, visiting to work as a post-doctoral associate (research), in a US university (non-profit organization).The designation is of...

View more questions Search