Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noSkillz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 01:52 PM
    The science of mental imagery
    What part of the brain does mental imagery come from? Does it come from the same part of the brain that is used for our eyes? Is it our eyes that make the pictures or is it something else? Visualization has eluded me for a long time and I wish neuroscience could help crack the mystery for me.
    Nin13 Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2009, 02:21 AM

I did not get your question, Vision is just part of our eyes.
    Image is formed in part of brain called Visual Cortex (Area 17). It help us appreciate colour, size, shape, motion, illumination and transparenay of objects around us. There is no separate areas for vision and eyes, both are part of same tract. But for eye movements which is a motor activity there are special nuclei in brain which sends out cranial nerve 3, 4 and 6 concerned with eye movements.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 08:12 AM

The OP's asking which area of the brain stores visual memory, or creates images. For example, when you dream, your eyes are not working, but you 'see' things.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. Perhaps a little search will solve your question noSkillz.

I don't know if I found it:

Parietal lobe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental and emotional [ 10 Answers ]

What is the difference between mental and emotional?

Cat Mental? [ 4 Answers ]

I have 4 cats, and one of them is terrible! She urinates on our bench and our toaster, she jumps and runs away at the slightlest noises and poos inside! Is there anything I can do to help her? HELP!

Mental Breakdown? [ 5 Answers ]

Well Im pretty sure I know the answer but I feel like Im about to break down. I have dealt with depression and other Psychotic Disorders from the age of 13yrs old. Im 28 yrs now. I felt like that I didn't have a problem. At the time I was a Santanist and that the problems where stemming form...

Is he a mental or is that just men? [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend, Peter, and I have been together almost 2 years now (the longest relationship I have ever been in) We get on really well and I love him so much! But Peter always want me to be around him 24/7 its not that I don't want to its just I want some time to myself and if I tell him he gets...

View more questions Search