Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xtrish40x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Pregnant at 50?
    I am 50 years old and am perimenapausal. I have recently had relations. Recently my breasts are extremely sore to the touch, and white fluid leaks out if I squeeze the nipple on both breasts. I am cramping in my stomach and lower back. I have skipped my period and am now wondering if it could be possible that I am pregnant.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jun 1, 2009, 10:30 AM

Did you take a hpt? If not, you should.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 11:33 AM
    These are presumptive symptoms that are not reliable for determining pregnancy.

If you are perimenopausal, you can still become pregnant, though fertility usually decreases over time with age (for both men and women).

You get the same answer we'd give to a 20 years old... you had sex, you are ovulating (while still in perimenopause, even with irregular cycles), and your symptoms alone are not enough for any real determination.

Time, testing, and waiting now is the next step.
    Danielleharris Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2009, 04:26 PM

Rare to be pregnant at 50... but possible! I say you contact your OBGYN immidiantly if you turn out to be and start taking extra care of yourself. Not only is it going to be hard on the baby for your age, but also you. Good luck!
    babwgreen123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 06:40 PM

It is not very commen for a woman your age to be prenant or have kids the risk are so low and the complications can be a very high risk I myself tthink its wrong for a woman your age to have a child as your child has feelings and emoctions and are humen like you an me id hate to be like in my teens when my other dies or id hate to be 5 or 7 an not have my mother to run around with in a park and if your going threw menopause you won't be
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 06:45 PM

I find your post insulting and very uneducated babwgreen, while not as common, women can be a good parent in their 50's and in today's society where kids seem to be disposable, too many grandparents in their 50's and 60's are the parents now adays and do a great job raising children.

50 is not over the hill or about to die in 5 or 6 years.
    kayasmommy4109 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jun 9, 2009, 11:33 AM

My husbands mother is 59 now and has a an 8 year old he's about to be nine so it does happen it was a very high risk pregnancy and it was very dangerous. But she gave birth to a healthy boy and he if fine. And she is a wounderful mother and is very active yes there is some concerversey? On the subject but in today's world 50 is not that old any more people are living longer and longer. I would advise you if you are pregnant to take the same actions my husbands mother did and set up a place for your child to go if any thing where to happen to you during or after child birth so your baby does not end up in the foster care system. I wish you the best of luck

Jun 9, 2009, 11:43 AM

My husbands mother who is now 59 has a 8 year old and is about to be 9. he is a healthy little boy and is very smart and active, his mother is a very great parent and she is very active. Even though it is uncommon it does happen, it is a very high risk pregnancy and it may come with a lot of complications, if you are pregnant I would advise you because of exsperince not because I am judging you to make arrangements as my husbands mother did for your baby if something where to happen to you during or after birth (I pray nothing does) so you child does not end up in foster care system and is with trusting family or friends. I wish you the best of luck!

Jun 9, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Whoopse sorry I thought my post didn't post so I re types

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Trying to get pregnant! [ 7 Answers ]

We're trying to get pregnant... was on the depo shot for 2 months, 2 years ago... We have been using no form of birth control for over 3 years. Is it true that some bodies just aren't compatible when it comes to getting pregnant? He has one child already, so I'm sure it isn't him that's the...

View more questions Search