Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 02:03 AM
    Leaking on the inside, frozen food on the back of shelves.
    What could it mean when a 12 year old fridge leaks on the inside.

There is water in the crisper trays, and food at the back of the fridge on the shelves is frozen.

I cannot hear the fridge making any noise such as a compressor, fan etc.

The back of the fridge has a metal plate covering the insides.

If I take the back off the fridge, what should I look for to determine what the problem might be, and does it sound like I might be able to fix it myself possibly?
    Hot Corn Bread Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2009, 04:40 PM

Fridge. No freezer, no icemaker?
    Confusing as to water being collected. Sounds like fridge door being left open.

Remove the rear panel. You may see the condenser cooling coil
    Totally frosted and iced up. Little air flow can get through that to properly cool the fridge.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Ok, I will see what I can see with the back off.

Weird it hasn't made any noise. Keeping fingers crossed this isn't going to be a costly repair.

Thanks for your help.
    Hot Corn Bread Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2009, 07:48 PM

If it is iced up and froze up you can fast defrost it with a wet vac blowing in the coil and another sucking out the melt water.
    It will work normal a day or so while you repair the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upright Frigidaire Freezer no longer keeps food frozen [ 3 Answers ]

I have an upright Frigidaire freezer. It won't keep foods frozen. How can I eliminate causes of the problem? Can you get freon w/o a license? And are there proper steps to recharging the freezer?

Frozen inside windshield of 2007 Rav4 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2007 Rav4 and now that the temperature is below zero the inside of the front windshield frozes up. How can I fix the problem?

Why is my 15 year old Maytag is not keeping food frozen? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old Maytag refrigerator that is not cooling properly, especially in the freezer. I have taken off the cardboard in the bottom of the back and cleaned it out. The compressor and lines do not show any sign of leaks and is fairly warm when operating. (not hot) The condenser fan is...

Infection with Helicobacter pylori and frozen food [ 9 Answers ]

Does eating frozen food increase the risk of infection with Helicobacter pylori?

Outside Pipe leaking Inside [ 1 Answers ]

I completely forgot to shut the water off for the outside water access from the basement for the winter. I finally did on Friday when it started to get much colder out. Now, the pipe (where the nozzle is) is dripping inside. My guess was, its because I wated so long, any of the water in the...

View more questions Search