Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly00476 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Becoming a foster parent
    I'm about to be a foster parent, and I really thank that I will be a good foster mom, and just hope I'm not making a big mistake
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 04:31 PM

Hi, kelly00476!

What specific concerns do you have for becoming a foster mom, please? It would help us to help you the best if we could know about them.

Thanks!
    njett566 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 02:43 PM

OK I've been in a lot of faster homes and id have to say that it all depends on the age of kids that your planning on having in your home. If your planning on raising teenagers make sure that you don't get a girl and boy close to the same age I'm sure that you can easily figure out why lol.if you get a black child assuming that your not. Make sure that you know a little about how how to care for their hair and skin this could help fill the gap. Its very important to let them have their freedom to an extent you have to let them feel like you truly care about them being supportive is very important because being in foster care comes along with a lot of emotional baggage. I home that ivehelped you out if you have questions just let me know and ill do my best to answer you!GOOD LUCK! Your doing a great thing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my foster care record, I don't Know were I was born, and parent died [ 5 Answers ]

I need know how I can get my Foster care Record, My parent died when I was 4. I live with my grandmother for about a year then she past away. I was placed in foster care with my aunt, she was very mean and was only in it for the money. At seventeen I finally left but the only information I had...

Rights for unmarried parent when the other parent wants to move out of state. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am worried about my grandson. His mother is thinking about moving to WYOMING! My son and she are not married and I would like to know what his rights are. Can she just pick up and move? Can we as grandparents so anything to prevent her from moving somewhere that we cannot see our...

I live in Michigan and wondering about becoming a Foster Parent [ 3 Answers ]

I'm thinking of becoming a Foster Parent. I would just like some insight, maybe from other parents in Michigan, that will help me answer some questions that I may have. I love kids and know that I can provide them with a warm, loving environment. I just am concerned with something's. Can anyone...

Absent parent contesting step-parent adoption [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is attempting to adopt my daughter (age 11), he has been her dad now for about 9 years. The biological father has not seen his child since she was 5 months old and never paid child support. I have a child support order and a permanent restraining order which was granted in Kansas, 1997....

I am trying to become a licensed Foster Parent in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

After undergoing a fingerprint analysis, to be approved as a licensed Foster Parent in the state of Texas, it came back Criminal Intent in the state of Pennsylvania. Upon trying to obtain a copy of my record to explain that it was nothing to do with bodily harm however all records were destroyed...

View more questions Search