Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Religion and Christianity
    Just curious, what do y'all think/say is the difference between Christianity and religion?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Christianity is a subset of religion.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 31, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Christianity is a love relationship between the created and the Creator. The redeemer and the redeemed, the saved and the saviour, the adopted child with the only begotten, the healed with the healer, the receiver with the giver, the former dead man walking with He who raises us up and gives us life, the servant with the master, the subject with his king, the friend with the true friend, the blessed with He who blesses. It is God reaching down and picking us up by becoming one of us and paying our penalty
    Religion is following a set of rules that are supposed to bring you closer to God. It is mans feeble attempt to reach up to God and appease a wrathful and vindictive God, to get on his good side, to do everything "right" based on a fear of condemnation and death rather than a desire to live forever with the Creator.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2009, 01:25 PM

Like NK said...

Religion - a system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Christianity is a religion.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Just curious, what do y'all think/say is the difference between Christianity and religion?
    The term "religion" refers to the personal practices elected of faith, and to the following of those practices shared in conviction of heart.

Religion began with the worship of nature, and mankind that decided it was a divine spirit trying to reveal truth to them. And histroy examples idol worship such as animals that has evolved into existence . The religion of the enlightened one known as Buddhism, and then Hinduism on to the reformers of it to Hindustan. The teaching of great sage as Confucianism known to be confusian ethics. And the religion few can understand Taosim held to sacred book tao-teh-king. Japan was held to the way of gods in Shinto in sacred books known as our bible. And Zozoatrianism holding to the sacred books of Avestas.
    Judaism 13th century B.C. held to the sacred books of the Old Testament which consisted of 5 books of law known as the Torah. And other historical books, the Prophets and other miscelleous writings.

Christianity gave birth in Jesus of Nazareth the hope of salvation. The fellowship in religious faith of Christ was built upon a foundation that was witnessed, and then written in sacred books of the NT by the phophets, apostles, and Christ being the corner stone.

So Christianity would be the individual's answer to the calling of God for salvation.

In Greek the word Christian is " Christianos" a following of Christ.

Christ is the connecting True Vine to Our Father in Heaven the husbandman . The Father who sent us the True Vine in which we grow, and we are watched over daily through intercession of the Holy Spirit. We are the many branches that are meant to bear fruit.

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

May 31, 2009, 06:08 PM

Simply put christianity is a way of living.
    Religion is a series of rituals to reinforce belief in a particular theology. Somewhere along the way, men thought the two synonomus,but religion in gods view is different than any world view. Gods idea of perfect and blamless religion is to see to the needs of struggling people,and to separate ones self from the pinciples the secular world lives by.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About christianity [ 15 Answers ]

Y did jews rae not accepting jesus as their messiah?

Is Christianity a religion? [ 25 Answers ]

The other day I was listening to a radio program while driving and the preacher said," Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship with Jesus". I agree with him and understand what he said and what does it mean. There are Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists etc who follow their...

Why not Christianity? [ 111 Answers ]

Of those who do NOT consider themselves Christians, especially those hostile to Christianity, what is it that you take issue with the most, the teachings of Jesus, or the modern-day followers(disciples) of Jesus? A quote from Mahatma Gandhi came to mind, "I like their Christ, I don't like their...

Christianity [ 19 Answers ]

How has Christianity, a faith based on the teachings of one text (the Bible), divided into so many denominations?

View more questions Search