Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toadspad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Maytag Model MQU2057AEW
    Maytag Upright freeze has ice building up on floor of freezer. No plug in floor to drain. Model MQU2057AEW
    hvacgal Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2009, 06:53 AM

Mine was the same no drain you need to actually remove food and defrost the fridge manually (un plug it) this should be done once a year which reminds me I have to do mine.
    toadspad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacgal View Post
    mine was the same no drain you need to actually remove food and defrost the fridge manually (un plug it) this should be done once a year which reminds me I have to do mine.
    Thank you for the reply.
    I already solved the problem by:

1) What I did was remove drawer and next shelf.
    2) Removed panel on back wall.
    3) Drain was iced over.
    4) Used boiling water to open drain tube.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Freezer Model No. MQU2057AEW drain tube [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me where to locate the drain tube in the above mentioned freezer. I suspect it is clogged. Ice builds up inside on the floor of the freezer every morning. Thanks for your help. Jan

Maytag Refrigerator, Model # MTB2456AEW [ 3 Answers ]

How do you remove the plastic shield to change a light bulb in a Maytag Refrigerator, Model #MTB2456AEW?

Maytag dryer Model LDE482 [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer won't spin. I disconnected the belt and it still wouldn't spin. I took the motor out and it will turn 1/8 turn in either direction but no more. Is there an electric brake on these things or should it spin freely by hand with no power on? The ohmmeter shows 1-2 ohms between the...

Maytag dryer model pye2000ayw [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is trying to replace the belt on our maytag dryer, but he is having problems threading it. Can anyone help?:(

View more questions Search