Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 31, 2009, 01:17 AM
    Leak Proof Alkaline AA Batteries
    Does anyone market a leak proof battery in the U.S. I've repaired several expensive flashlights due to leakage damage. Wondering if there is another option than replacing the batteries more frequently so they don't get low.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 05:09 AM

If you do not use something with batteries regularly they end up leaking for sitting too long. You have to remove the batteries if you are not using the flashlight. Maybe buy a small case, pouch or container so you can keep them together when the batteries are not in it.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 31, 2009, 06:03 AM
    I have had the same issues many times.

My solution now is to use rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. I have a bunch of high mAh batteries with a good charger and keep many charged and ready.

Plus I feel better about not throwing away tons of AA's like I used to.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 31, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    If you do not use something with batteries regularly they end up leaking for sitting too long.
    In the most recent case, it was my service light I keep in my service call toolbox or on the workbench. It gets used at least once a week, so I wasn't that worried about it. Doh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testing urine for alkaline % [ 2 Answers ]

I hear your ph balance should be 7.3 or something like that. I hear you can test your urine to see what my balance number is. How do you test your alkaline balance? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Leak in frost proof yard hydrant [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing my 4th one. I have gravel in the hole and it is supported by a 2X4. The leaks are always from the weep holes. Any ideas?

Acid alkaline diets [ 1 Answers ]

I hear when eating foods in right combination is a healthier way of eating and helps to maintain weight. Could you recommend some books and websites that would educate me in details the acid foods and the alkaline foods, and that are generous in sharing recipes. Thanks in advance.

Alkaline metals [ 8 Answers ]

As we all know about the reaction of alkaline metals,and that caesium is absolutely mental I am curious to know if anyone has had the courage or stupidity to obtain any francium and place it in water,what would be the amount of chaos created:eek:

View more questions Search