Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bultaco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 02:47 PM
    Mtd lawn tractor
    I have an MTD lawn tractor seems to act like it is sliping if forward gear I have repaced the belt. Does not do this in reverse. Could it be the transmission is that rebuildable?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2006, 05:24 PM
    It should be adjustable... Does it have a varible drive perhaps?
    bultaco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2006, 04:24 AM
    Yes it does it has a pedal that varies speed.
    Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2006, 11:55 PM
    Seen many people have problems with these vari drives.. and may be the cause of the slipping... all belts replaced right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No start ayp lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have a AYP 22hp kohler with a electric pto clutch. The engine won't turn over with the key switch . I can jump the key switch and it will run. It will stay running as long as I leave the clutch/brake pedal engaged. If I release the clutch or try to engage the blades it will die . At first I...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

Tractor lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Wizard lawn mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine that was ran with low oil I don't know much about engines but when I stripped it the piston arm has sheared at the end I can't see any other damage so my problem is I need to replace the piston but I can't see any no on the piston all I...

MTD lawn tractor will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I had just finished mowing my lawn. The tractor sat in the lawn for about an hour. When I returned, it would not turn over. It makes a small click noise then nothing. I charged the batter over night, same result in the morning. It has a Briggs 14.5 HP engine. Where do I start? Thanks.

View more questions Search