Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wally m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Peel and stick tile
    Do I have to use any sealers for peel and stick tile after I use a seam filler on the joints and screws... thanks
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 10:49 PM

What are you actually laying the lick and stick tile on?

I use the term lick and stick simply because I've seen to many square peel and stick tiles fail and if anything they usually shrink in time and gap. The other reason I don't like square tiles is because any water that's spilled on the floor is trouble later. I use a ton of peel and stick tile in rentals simple because its quick and cheap to put down and replace. But the best vinyl is sheet goods that covers the whole floor.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 07:59 AM

Peel and stick are a marginal product but can work if you prime the floor before installation. Never try to install directly on a cement floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lay down peel+stick tile [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, my name is regal,I'm new to this site. I would like some answers on laying down peel+ stick tiles over existing 12" tiles. Do I just lay them down after I clean my floor good?

Peel & Stick tile over existing tile [ 2 Answers ]

Can you install peel and stick tile over existing ceramic tile (bathroom). I am trying too but the tiles don't won't to adhere? I have even sprayed 3M adhesive first!

Peel& Stick Tile over Concrete [ 1 Answers ]

My wife an I were going to buy peel and stick tile from home depot to put in our basement. We were not planning on just relying on the adhesive on the tile, we were also going to set the tile in a separate adhesive. The gentleman at home depot didn't recommend peel and stick over concrete floors...

Peel and stick vinyl tile [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a protective coating that you can put on the tile after installation

Peel and stick tile [ 4 Answers ]

How can I keep my peel and stick tile from popping up? I've tried sticking more glue on the back of the tile, but that does not work. It is being put on 1/4 plywood subfloor.

View more questions Search