Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Black smoke
    Before tearing into it, what's the first to look at for a very rich running lawn mower?
    It's a 4 year old 3.5 B&S push mower. Just a basic little mower but still too new to trash.
    It just barely runs, drinks gas like crazy, and makes little difference if the air filter is on or not. Fuel is fresh, and has no butterfly style choke. It's like a stuck needle and seat.
    Suggestions?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 06:46 AM

Well, since I got so many responses on this thread, (thanks, y'all), I decided to just tear into it and clean/insp evrything.
    Reassemble, fresh fuel, and it purr's. Go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Black smoke from lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have lawn tractor used for snow remove as well. There are black smoke and I was suggsted to replace air filter. I did. However it does not solve the problem. I noticed that the choke does not have impact when it is open or close. Maybe it is stuck and cause the black smoke? How to make the choke...

95 honda blowing black smoke [ 6 Answers ]

Honda seems to be blowing what seems to be black smoke and it smells if the car is left turned on. Wondering if this means the end of my engine or what?

Thick black smoke out of stack? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a oil fired forced air furnace, I just cleaned it it was past due,I cleaned the blower ,the gun I removed and replaced the nozzle and cleaned the soot off the gun itself ,replaced the filter that is inline from the tank and now it is runnig fine but it is smokeing ,really black thick...

Black smoke at Full Throttle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Garden Tractor w/ a Kohler 25 hp engine. Recently,we had the fuel solenoid replaced (this problem was correctly diagnosed by NEWAUKUDOM! Thanks!) and since we have it gotten back, the engine burns black smoke (rightside seated), especially under load. Checked the plugs, heavy oil...

1990 terrano import blowing black smoke [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hope someone can help me with this problem I just bought an automatic 1990 Nissan Terrano with the 2.7L turbo diesel engine. When I first start it up while it is cold it drives perfect. Absolutely no problems. After the engine temps rise the trouble starts. From a stop I start to go and...

View more questions Search