Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet_smileys Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:09 AM

I have tried Laneige white plus renew and its working wonders on me! But then again I am asian and my skin tone is much lighter too. But I have freckles and some uneven skin tones and the white plus renew skin refiner and essence has worked wonders on me! It is a very popular product in korea and I bought a few extras here! If any one wants to try please let me know and I can sell you one of my extras. [EMAIL REMOVED] good luck and hope everyone finds something to help!

-sweet_smileys
    LovelylilReject Posts: 30, Reputation: -2
    -

Jul 17, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Has it lightened you at least a shade?
    sweet_smileys Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:28 AM

Yes it has lightened me a shade plus it evens out my skin tone so my skin looks more even. If you go to YouTube there are a few girls that have reviewed the product. That is where I found out about it.
    LovelylilReject Posts: 30, Reputation: -2
    -

Jul 17, 2009, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_smileys View Post
    yes it has lightened me a shade plus it evens out my skin tone so my skin looks more even. if you go to youtube there are a few girls that have reviewed the product. that is where i found out about it.
    thanks! You have any before after pics?. probably now. I just want tosee something work. =[

I'll check out the vids now
    Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life Posts: 54, Reputation: -3
    -

Jan 12, 2010, 05:42 PM

Not trying to be rude but the people on this thread saying things like "I feel uglier when I'm darker" must be children. Sorry to say! I lightened myself many shades but I look at the pics of me from when I was darker and I was beautiful. Have you people not seen any beautiful dark people? I lightened myself because I simply wanted to be lighter, not that I felt ugly, I know for a fact that I've always been beautiful. There are a great ton of beautiful dark women, who pull men left to right.
    L0stChild Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life View Post
    Not trying to be rude but the people on this thread saying things like "I feel uglier when I'm darker" must be children. Sorry to say! I lightened myself many shades but I look at the pics of me from when I was darker and I was beautiful. Have you people not seen any beautiful dark people? I lightened myself because I simply wanted to be lighter, not that I felt ugly, I know for a fact that I've always been beautiful. There are a great ton of beautiful dark women, who pull men left to right.
    Don't say that they are children; they just feel insecure. I know that feeling, though I'm Asian with a light skin. But I have some dark skin pigmentation in some areas that I want to lighten. I have loads of scab marks too, which are more obvious since I'm light.

Yes there are tons of dark-skinned beauties. But the media has kind of 'downplayed' Blacks or dark-skinned people since a very long time ago. It's hard to change the mindset of 'light is better'.

Jan 12, 2010, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious5 View Post
    to be honest, society has made black people have low self esteem. i mean how many dark skinned chics do you see on tv? only about a handful. but the videos and movies are filled with light skinned chics with light eyes, oh yea and dont forget the big booties.
    now, i've had a lighter complexion since forever, my brothers and sister who are darker than me were always jealous and thought i got more love from my parents which is not true. wow, now within the last year a combo of pregnancy and sun has made me become a bit browner, nothing too serious in my mind until random ppl started tellin me how different i look now that i'm darker. i mean, this damn lady who is a family "friend" saw me and said in front of EVERYONE how i look so UGLY now that i've gotten darker. i mean, who says dat!!!!! even the damn guy at the gas station said that i look better with lighter skin after i showed him my id. ITS NOT FICTION THAT WE MADE IN OUR HEADS THAT LIGHTER IS BETTER, ITS A REALITY THAT IS TOLD TO US EVERYDAY BY TV AND EVEN OUR OWN ENVIRONMENT. so i dont blame anyone for wanting to lighten their skin, i just think that it needs to be done safely and maybe not as extreme like michael jackson.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY GIRLS. AND PLEASE BE SAFE!!!
    I agree with you that society hasn't been nice to darker-skinned people! Even us Asians, those of us who are slightly darker are made fun of to be said to look 'Indian' which is totally wrong.

Btw, about Michael Jackson, he had vitiligo which made him look like a reverse leopard - dark with white spots. And eventually it gave him such BIG patches of white that his makeup cannot hide them, so he had to lighten his skin to matched the depigmented areas. (It would be way easier to use less fair tone makeup than to use more dark tone makeup)
    -

Jan 12, 2010, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by L0stChild View Post
    Don't say that they are children; they just feel insecure. I know that feeling, though I'm Asian with a light skin. But I have some dark skin pigmentation in some areas that I want to lighten. I have loads of scab marks too, which are more obvious since I'm light.

Yes there are tons of dark-skinned beauties. But the media has kind of 'downplayed' Blacks or dark-skinned people since a very long time ago. It's hard to change the mindset of 'light is better'.
    To be honest, when my skin was darker I never felt "downplayed". I never was single and received constant compliments. Maybe it has something to do with generation. Perhaps the older generation of blacks preferred lighter skin. The younger generation (which I'm part of) does seem to care. Even now that I'm much lighter, I still go out with my dark skinned friends and plenty of guys try to get at them. I think if you look good (regardless of color) people will treat you good. If you're don't... they simply won't. I have one particular friend with very light skin and she is constantly picked on by guys, I mean CONSTANTLY. She's very light and guess what, butt--FUGLY!
    -

Jan 12, 2010, 06:53 PM

Not trying to sound rude but if you're Asian, chances are you can not judge the black community. You are looking from the outside in, not the inside out. My mom is half Indian and half Quatarian, so I'm mixed with Asian but I can relate to the blacks considering I have black relatives and grew up with them. Like I said, blacks today in the younger generation do not care.

BTW, having dark pigmentations and wanting to correct them is not the same as a dark person who openly says they feel "ugly" being dark. A person with a skin condition feeling ugly is understandable. However; using darkness as an excuse for uglient is not buyable. There are just as many ugly light women as there are dark.

Jan 12, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_angel_here_in_this_life View Post
    To be honest, when my skin was darker I never felt "downplayed". I never was single and received constant compliments. Maybe it has something to do with generation. Perhaps the older generation of blacks preferred lighter skin. The younger generation (which I'm part of) does seem to care. Even now that I'm much lighter, I still go out with my dark skinned friends and plenty of guys try to get at them. I think if you look good (regardless of color) people will treat you good. If you're don't...they simply won't. I have one particular friend with very light skin and she is constantly picked on by guys, I mean CONSTANTLY. She's very light and guess what, butt--FUGLY!
    You'r one of the lucky ones then, girl ;) I don't see why people need to feel 'ugly' just because their Black/darker-skinned. Skin color shouldn't make a difference at all!

Like you said, I'm Asian so I don't really know how people see Blacks. I don't know if it's true that the older generation preferred lighter skin and the younger ones are like 'anything'. If that is so, why are there some celebs that lightened their skin, for e.g. Rihanna? It's peer pressure. To feel more 'beautiful' (even though she already is!). She's part of us, the younger generation. Michael Jackson was the older generation. But for him skin lightening wasn't a choice as he had vitiligo.

Lol I'm not exactly butt ugly but I'm not beautiful either xD I STILL get made fun of for stuff though, and I hate it! That's why I can 'kind of' understand why some darker-skinned people hate their skin colour.

Jan 12, 2010, 08:16 PM

And another thing you darker-skinned girls have to your advantage is that scab scars and skin discolourations are not as obvious as they are on my light skin!

So don't lighten yourselves just for vanity's sake, we look best in the skin colour we were born in! (I wasn't born with pigmentation - guess it's the years of using products with harsh chemicals)
    honey21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2010, 01:05 AM

I agree with the real ladydanielle

Yes it is absolutely possible to lighten. I think the problem on this board is that there is too few educated answers and too many vendors acting like people. It gets hard to distinguish and information gets distorted. Bio-Claire is a silly product to use simply for the fact of the overwhelming amount of negative reviews and the extremely cheap packaging. I mean seriously, you guys really think they have this amazing new veg-atle lightening ingredient and willing to sell it for so cheap with such crappy packaging? I mean come on, we can all afford to use a little common sense when it comes to lightening.

Arbutin is only good if you buy it from a reputable source like skinactives.com. Stop buying from shady vendors in india and thailand that don't give a crap about your american skin and will sell you steroids, mercury, high doses of hq, and dangerous stuff to fulfill your lightening needs at the expense of your skin.

I am one who has lighted from simple retin-A and hydro. It simply works, there's no doubt about it. I also supplement with natural cremes that I make myself. I simply don't trust products with ingredients I'm not familiar with and I can't buy at an actives site.

Skin lightening is nothing new, at this point we pretty much know what ingredients work and what ingredients don't work. If a company comes up with an amazing lighter without hydro, and is safe ( void of steroids and mercury ) I THINK ITS SAFE TO ASSUME THEY Won't BE SELLING IT FOR 5.99 at the Beauty supply store!
    live1 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 03:02 AM

Bs nothing lightens my skin hq ra is useless
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2010, 01:18 PM

I used diana stadler.. it Doesn't work and they give little portions... I do still use the black soap fromt hem... not really doing much... maybe after a year of use lol.. its been 7month at least... I just use till it ends... and the cream was so small... my friend used G&G and its really worked BUT I tried and it gave me MANY blackheads because its to oily for my already oily skin but I am a witnes to how it worked for her... she went from like michelle williams from destiny's child to rihanna on her darker days ( not when she looks white lol) I wish I could continue using it :( if you have dry skin it works but I have to tell you that it does have hydroquinone which isn't good for the skin for long term use but you have to continue your lighteneing product forever or you will darken again.. :( and products withogh hydroquinone are less effective.. it sux I know
    jasmynn Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2010, 02:50 PM

I've probably posted this a couple times, but my skin too is very dark and hard to lighten. I purchased Makari day cream and body milk. The first couple weeks, I saw no results again. So, I purchased nadinola from walmart and fair and white exfoliating soap with aha and used it with the body milk. I turned really light really fast. The problem is now, I don't know if it's the nadinola with the soap or the bodymilk with the soap that encouraged the fast results? (hopefully it's nadinola because of course its waaay cheaper!) The day cream did nothing for me at all.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Feb 3, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmynn View Post
    I've probably posted this a couple times, but my skin too is very dark and hard to lighten. I purchased Makari day cream and body milk. The first couple weeks, I saw no results again. So, I purchased nadinola from walmart and fair and white exfoliating soap with aha and used it with the body milk. I turned really light really fast. The problem is now, I dont know if it's the nadinola with the soap or the bodymilk with the soap that encouraged the fast results? (hopefully it's nadinola b/c of course its waaay cheaper!) The day cream did nothing for me at all.
    I believe it is nadinola cause if the day cream did nothing I don't think the body milk works for you...
    Nadinola works for many people :)
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Wow, the information you guys find on here! Has anyone try to get a perscription for this medication? I'm going to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfascination View Post
    i know what you mean finey88 and im almost about to give up. But heres what i know. I looked at a pic of myself when i was 21 in hawaii and my skin was so white. I remember i went to a black dermatologist and she prescribed for me retin-a with a pump-tip (cant remember the strength) and 4% hq. I was pale in no time. Totally forgetting i was like obsessed again and searching for what works. Heres what i think- we are all searching for something out there new and the main thing that has always worked is right in front of our faces. Hq. Rihanna is the color of michael jackson and what did he use i thought. Lemme see if i can find that out. Check this page out and you will see too how he did it Is this mystery skin-bleaching cream sold on eBay the secret behind Jacko's white face? | Mail Online now- thats probably what rihanna is using too. I bet she went to a dermatologist (black) and thats what they gave her too, retin-a and 4% cream and she went and bought it by the truckload. I have been buying my retin-a & 4% cream direct from mexico for years. I have a mechanic who goes there often to visit his family and he ships it back for me (antibiotics too). But i have been just using it with a q-tip for the dark dots to clear them up. I am acne free with the peanut allergy lately and as long as i dont eat anything made where peanuts are processed im fine. Now im tired of spending my money on all these natural products that dont do crap. I will take the hq powder i bought from a photography site i have had for years and find out how to mix 4-6% and start smearing it on. As far as the cancer goes s.o.d. Will take care of that!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 09:49 PM
    You do not need s prescription for hq 4%/retin-a depending where you get it. I just received my last order 3 days ago and this has helped me to lighten, I'm using some other things as well. It's not for everyone and I understand others who want to choose a non-hydroquinone lightening route though.
    Karma12 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 02:59 AM

Hey what products work for getting rid of uneven skin tones
    My body is light its just parts of my face anyone help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten my skin? [ 14 Answers ]

my skin has turn darker than usual coz of SUN....please suggest me a nice way to lighten my skin within 1 month...plzzzzzz:(

HOW Do I lighten My Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 32 year old female with olive skin... I have found that after the birth of my third child, the skin between my legs have darkened lots. Does anyone have this problem, if so how can I lighten it?

Has any one used neoprosone gel forte to lighten skin or as a skin lightener [ 70 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but I wanted to know if any one knows about neoprosone gel forte. I have been using this cream for six months now I have had very good results, but I just wanted to know if any one has the same out come as me. I was using mono to depig my skin, but after 8 months of...

How can I lighten my skin? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a light brown skinned African American young woman and I am interested in making my skin lighter. It is not because I'm not happy with my skin color, its just because I have dark spots that are hard to get rid of and I also have oily skin which can make me look darker than what I am. I was...

Skin Peels to lighten skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone I am new to AMHD and I had a few questions. Has anyone ever used a skin peel and gotten good results with lighter skin? They claim that your old skin cells are destroyed and new ones with less melanin and made, but I don't know how factual this is. I just ordered my skin peel from...

View more questions Search