Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herman5289 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2003, 06:16 AM
    Party Animal Neighbors
    I live in a townhouse with a small back yard. My back yard is fenced in. My next door neighbors are a single mother age 37 & her daughter age 18. The mother is never home. The daughter is home alone. The daughter has many parties. Young kids attend the parties, ages 16 through 20. Alcohol and Pot is highly consumed at these parties. They are loud. I finally called the police. The police made them clean up the mess(empty beer cans) and turn down the volume on the music.They continue to have parties, with the music down, but they still are loud and they party late into the evening.
    Last night was 5 nights in a row of parties. I spoke to the mother about this, and her comment was that the kids were going to party no matter what and that she would rather have them do it in her home than in a car.
    Does anybody have any suggestions on how to handle this problem?
    sierra1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2003, 03:16 PM
    Party Animal Neighbors
    Hello,

As a Reserve Police Officer I have gone to many a party (of course non invited) the steps that you should take are as follows.
    1. Keep calling the police, at some point they will get very tired of having to respond to this location and they will (trust me) put a stop to this (after all we have better things to do), You can also contact your local police dep. And speak with a supervisor, and tell them to list your neighbors add. As a patrol check for parties, talk with the narcotics div. and advise them that there is drugs at this location as well, they will check this out.
    2. You mentioned that you have already spoke to this persons "mother" speak with her again and tell her of the drug use 'mom" probley thinks that they are just loud and drinking, if you use the word drugs, maybe she will act.
    3. Since you live in a town home, you must have a real estate bord, go to them and tell them, what is going on. They will send letters to this person, or they will visit them.
    4. Talk with your other neighbors and see if other people are anoyed by all this as well. You will be stronger with more people standing behind you.
    5. Last but not least, if none of the above are working (they should) start taping the parties from your own back yard, show the police the tapes, the courts, etc. this way you have the proof that there is a problem.
    Hope this info helps, and so sorry to hear that you have a problem neighbor next to you, I really hate when that happens!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Disrespectful Neighbors... [ 9 Answers ]

Living in CT, what are laws pertaining to neighbors, that play loud music all day long, and musical instruments all hours of the night, to the point where we can't hear the T.V. and the floor is vibrating. This has been a feud since he moved in. Cops were involved before, but nothing came about. ...

Rude Neighbors [ 6 Answers ]

Help! I have neighbors who continuously invite themselves over to gatherings I have at my house, or gatherings my neighbors have (where we've been invited). This has been going on for 2-3 years now! We've just become close to neighbors on the other side of their house, and if we're over there,...

Is it legal for our neighbors to take pictures of us without us knowing? [ 4 Answers ]

I run an english bulldog rescue and our city limit on dogs is 2. I have 2 and then will have a foster homes so the animals aren't staying here. Our neighbors do not like us for whatever reason pretty much from day one. We have a share driveway and that doesn't help the relationship much but...

Neighbors bushes [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem with my neighbors bushes hanging past my property line. This wouldn't be such a big deal except the bushes a very thorny and a huge pain to mow under. If I asked my neighbors to trim them and they don't, is it legal for me to trim them? And how long should I wait for them to do...

Party Animal Neighbors [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a townhouse with a small back yard. My back yard is fenced in. My next door neighbors are a single mother age 37 & her daughter age 18. The mother is never home. The daughter is home alone. The daughter has many parties. Young kids attend the parties, ages 16 through 20. Alcohol...

View more questions Search