Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queenbkennedy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 10:38 AM
    My daughter abandoned her children, and my mother want full custody?
    My daughter hasn't seen her two children or even called in over 6months, my mother and sister have had the two (1 and 3 yr old.) for 6 + months with no contact from the mother.
    Can my mother and sister file for custody of the baby's,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2009, 10:57 AM

Not custody, at least not at this point, but certainly guardianship.

But where is the father? If he puts in a claim for custody, there is a strong possibility he will get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want full custody of my daughter [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 16 and have a beautiful baby girl named sophia hope Her dad dumped me when I was 6 months pregnant telling he wouldn't take care of her if she had problems And putting me on depression pills until nowhe wouldn't go to the hospital when I was in labor, his parents forced him to.. he...

Do I have the right to move out of state with my children when I have full custody? [ 11 Answers ]

I am about to win in court Friday on a petition for grandparent visitation rights. My children haven't seen my ex's mother in over a year and a half. She has already lost two full custody suits against me, one she used her son to try and get custody of the kids through him, and failed, then she...

Mother abandoned children [ 2 Answers ]

My wife went to Texas to see her dying mother. She says she has met someone Else and isn't coming back. She has been gone since the first week in may, 2008. I have taken care of our 3 children and a full time job since she has been gone. Now, this week she came to Nebraska, not telling anyone...

Mother wanting full custody [ 9 Answers ]

OK well I'm a young mother, 17 actually and I have a 6 month old son... I just recently broke up with the baby's father... we were just boyfriend and girlfriend... nothing really serious... I'm afraid he's going to take my son one day for a little bit and not bring him back... I want to know how to...

Full Custody To Mother [ 4 Answers ]

What rights do I have as a full parent to my son? If the father of my son wants to take him to another state to spend time with him what do I do to prevent that from happening because I want to have monitored visits and since we live in different states, how do I prevent my sons father from taking...

View more questions Search