Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazmania24 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Can I go in to labour
    I'm 35 weeks and 3 days by my own dates by the doctors and my scan I'm 36 and 3 days. Can masturbation make me go in to early labour?
    glowstone Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 09:43 AM

Hmm there is something that midwives do which is called a "sweep" where the womb is stimulated by a lubricated finger..
    Im not sure that masturbation could do that unless you really prodded about...
    Don't forget, your cervix is lower now.!

Having sex will encourage labour as semen contains a hormone called cyntosin (I think that's it) that stimulates contraction!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 01:50 PM

Masturbation is fine, just as sex is, unless your doctor or midwife directed you to refrain the last few weeks (usually only the case with a history of premature labour, placenta previa, or recent bleeding)

A membrane sweep, that glowstone mentioned, is more invasive. An area of the amniotic sac is actually moved away from the cervix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Labour or what? [ 5 Answers ]

Yesturday morning I had experienced a little cramping and a light 'show'! It went away but the cramping came back a little bit in and out trhough the day. Now this morning about about 3:00am I woke up and couldn't sleep. I started having bad cramps that lasted sometimes a minute and were about 6...

Am I in labour? [ 25 Answers ]

Hi I have been getting really bad pain in the middle of my back then they move to the top of my stomach then to the bottom where my whomb is and they get worse they feel like a really bad period pain. Eariler I was in the kitchen and I had to grab hold of the side and I started to breath deeply....

I am in labour yay [ 10 Answers ]

So I went in this morning they gave me the gel, my cervix was already dilated to 1cm and he could feel the head. So now I was just send home for 3 hours and then I need to go back and if I am 3 cm they will keep in and all have this baby maybe tomorrow. I really hope I will be at 3 cm by 3:30pm.

Am I in labour? [ 4 Answers ]

Woke up at 1 am with pains in my upper stomach, I ran to the washroom and I began to push because I thought I had to go number 2 but nothing. Then I began to throw up violently, the pain went to my lower abdomen. The pain in my upper stomach is always there, but the pain in my abdomen comes and...

Cat labour [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) :) I have this cat that is pregnant and she is going in her litter tray every other day and what she is doing is very large amounts lol is this a sign and also she likes it on my bed and also under my bed. Is this a sign lol Thanks:rolleyes: :)

View more questions Search