Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rony4431 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Java Script
    Have recently had trouble downloading, message appears having trouble because Java Script is not working correctl on this PC. I went into program files, and found two Java's listed jre1,50 and jre 6, 68.9 and 75.6 mb respectivy,

Should I have two, and what can I do ?

Rony 4431
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

May 29, 2009, 04:12 PM

One common point of confusion is the similar names of Java and JavaScript. The JRE files are associated with the Sun Java Run-time Environment (JRE), thus are not related to your JavaScript issues.

Java applets are compiled mini programs loaded from the web servers as separate files. The Java applet developer uses developer tools to convert his human intelligible source to format that's only intelligible to a special Java virtual machine (the JRE software). Even the developer would have a great deal of difficulty making any sense of the compiled Java files the web server is sending to your computer.

JavaScript is transferred to your computer in its human readable form, often scattered in small fragments in the Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) page source. Sometimes a larger block of JavaScript is concentrated in a procedure within the HTML page source. In either case JavaScript is always transferred to you computer in human readable (at least to computer "geeks") form.

Have you tried a different browser to view the problematic web page? Try Firefox or Google Chrome if you've been using Internet Express. Try Internet Express or Chrome if you've been using Firefox etc.

Since JavaScript is interpreted by a module that is part of your web browser, the browser name and version would probably be relevant to diagnosing your problem. Further clues might lie in the name,version and service pack level of your operating system (OS) and, if publicly accessible, the URL of the page you are having problems with. The complete text of the error message that appears on your screen would probably also contain relevant information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

YouTube java script message? [ 1 Answers ]

This is the message I get with certain videos that I try to view, I have all java Scripts turned on, and I have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash player, but still seem to have this Problem : (Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the...

Calling Java Script Function in C# code [ 1 Answers ]

How to call a java script function in c# code.

Java Script Enable [ 1 Answers ]

When a web site ask you, are you Java Script enabled. How do I know if I am? I see this on some web sites. I use windows XP Pro. Thanks in advance Fred

View more questions Search