Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    civicduty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Welfare fraud parent collects benefits while child is not in the home
    I know of someone that is committing welfare fraud by collecting wic foodstamps and aid for housing by using their child. However they are not even raising the child. Also, the mother has claimed that the father has abandoned them so the state will be going after him for child support even though it is HIS parents that are raising the child. I have no concern over what happens to either parent, however, I am very concerned that the child can be taken from the only home that he has ever known if I report this, and that the mother will be able to continue to use her child as a form of income.
    akshoen Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

May 28, 2009, 07:27 PM

Who is being hurt by what the mom is doing?? When they try to get some money from the dad, I'm sure he will tell them his parents have the baby. Then she will go to jail. So I would mind my own business
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 28, 2009, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akshoen View Post
    who is being hurt by what the mom is doing???? when they try to get some money from the dad, I'm sure he will tell them his parents have the baby. Then she will go to jail. So I would mind my own buisness
    You are being hurt, that's who. All the money that wic and all of the other welfare agencys give out comes from tax payer money. If there is one thing I can not stand is a lazy good for nothing mooch like that. You need to report her. There is a number you can call to report WIC abuse but it all depends on what state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations of welfare fraud & I.D. Theft in NY. [ 3 Answers ]

In 1996 I applied for welfare using a fake ID. My application was flagged because I was finger imaged and found to be already in the system. Case was denied. 13 years later I applied under my own name and got referred to the fraud unit. Am I facing criminal charges from the 1996 attempt? Like...

Convicted of felony welfare fraud.can it become a misdemeanor? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that if you were convicted of a felony welfare fraud, eventually it could be brought down to a misdemeanor? If so, how long will it take to become a misdemeanor and or what actions should I take in making it a misdemeanor?? Thanks for your help!

Welfare Fraud [ 3 Answers ]

If you are living with someone and the house is in someone else's name and you are collecting welfare, food stamps, medical assistance etc. IS that considered fraud since there is another form of income coming in that the state is not recognizing. Please help

Welfare Fraud [ 2 Answers ]

I have been convicted of welfare fraud. Yes it is true, i did commit this crime. I never thought it was this serious. I always thought if they paid you too much money you had to pay them back. I never knew you could go to jail for this. They are a lot of people that commit this same crime. Only...

Welfare Fraud Felony type [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what type of Felony Welfare Fraud is? I was charged with it 16 years ago. I am looking to expunge my records to pursue better employment. Thanks Cma

View more questions Search