Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjschanck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2006, 03:33 PM
    Above ground pool
    My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty.
    Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.
    momof2girls Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjschanck
    My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty.
    Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.
    Your pool needs to be on waste or drain whichever setting you might have. THis way the dirty water is bypassing your sand filter and coming right out of your backwash line. You will need to make sure and watch your water level because you will lose a lot of water at once Just overfill the pool before you start vacuuming on waste

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Above Ground Pool Questions [ 24 Answers ]

I am about to purchase an 18' Above Ground Pool. Part of the deal was that I go to the sellers house to dissassemble and remove the pool (it will be drained). Is this something that can easily be done by two-three people with average skills. This means I have done some home improvement stuff like...

Removing above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

hello, someone please help me, my girlfriend is moving to Arizona,and she is giving me her 15x30 oval pool. The thing is,I must remove it from her home and reinstall at mine. I have the bodies to do this,my question is; what tools would I need to safely remove this pool without ruining it or not...

Above-ground pool installation [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a Muskin 18' round above ground pool from a friend; however, the instructions on the pool assembly can not be found. She didn't install the pool so she can't provide any advice on taking the pool down. I have searched the internet extensively for instructions with no...

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

View more questions Search