Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Arm & Hammer Toothpaste Booster
    Hi there,

I've used Arm & Hammer Baking Soda toothpaste FOREVER and I love it. I just recently saw (and bought) the Whitening Booster from Walgreens. I've yet to open it, and bought it on a whim. I just want to know from personal experience who's used it and would they recommend it?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 01:47 PM

Sorry, I've never heard of it. What is the active ingredient?
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2009, 01:50 PM

Let me go check...

*runs and checks*

It doesn't say what the "active ingredient" is.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 01:56 PM

OK... does it say what is in it??
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 28, 2009, 01:59 PM

flossie is going to advice you correctly. I just want to add that all whitners dependent on the ingredient can cause some sensitivity.
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2009, 02:01 PM

I know I've used whiteners before. I just want to know how well this one works.

INGREDIENTS: water, glycerin, poloxamer 407, peg-32, hydrogen peroxide, phosphoric acid, dicalcium phosphate hydrate.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 03:47 PM

The only "active" ingredient would be the hydrogen peroxide. It doesn't say what percentage though.

As I've said before, hydrogen peroxide should be used sparingly especially if you are a smoker or heavy drinker (I'm sure you are not the latter!).
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post

As I've said before, hydrogen peroxide should be used sparingly especially if you are a smoker or heavy drinker (I'm sure you are not the latter!).
    I've actually never heard that before. Why is that?
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 05:38 PM

Hydrogen peroxide, excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can all lead to oral cancer. Add one or more together and it increases the risk.
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2009, 06:13 PM

OHHH... interesting. Thanks for the warning!
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 28, 2009, 11:52 PM

I actually use the arm & hammer whitening booster from time to time... and since I lack the discipline to add it on top of my toothpaste every time, I can not say if it is truly effective, but from what I have seen, I think if you were to use it everyday, your teeth would become noticbly whiter. But I do have to add, it does have a bit of a saltiness to it, compared to regular toothpaste.
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2009, 02:53 PM

Thanks, I really like it so far. It doesn't really take discpline to remember to use it, just leave it next to your toothpaste. Anywhos, I hope that I start to notice a difference. I've smoked and drank coffee on a daily basis for years, and its just bad news bears and I want my teeth to look awesome again.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 06:37 PM

I hope you had your teeth professionally cleaned right before you started using it Momma. You'll get a much better result!
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    I hope you had your teeth professionally cleaned right before you started using it Momma. You'll get a much better result!
    Nope I can't afford a professional clean, that's why I am resorting to this for whitening.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 10:09 AM

Don't expect the paste to remove ALL the stains then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The best toothpaste? [ 8 Answers ]

What toothpaste do you believe makes your teeth the whitest/brightest. I currently use Colgate but I am not sure if I should change to a different brand.

Toothpaste for Skin Lightening? [ 8 Answers ]

My sister has been considering toothpaste to lighten her skin a shade or two. If it whitens your teeth could it do the same for your skin? Is this safe? I would think it burns like hell. Has anybody tried or heard of this?:confused:

Toothpaste used for skin care [ 3 Answers ]

If you use tooth paste to cure your acne, do you have to use a certain type of toothpaste?

Toothpaste Scarring [ 3 Answers ]

Oh my goodness! To all those people who recommended toothpaste on pimple - well, thanks for your bad recommendation! I recently grew a pimple on my chin and with school starting soon, I wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible. I put toothpaste on it the other night. When I woke in the...

Toothpaste wash [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I've been using toothpaste to help prevent any zits and it seems to be working has anyone tried this methad before and worked long term

View more questions Search