Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    open_to_u Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2003, 03:27 PM
    Dilema
    I have very little contact with my bros. And sisters due to a fallout . Now the oldest bro. Calls me asking to help support my mom (78 yrs), who lives off soc. Sec. The thing is she lives w/ dad but their relationship is shot . They"re together out of necessity even though they don't communicate much. They live comf. In their house , no large bills other than bare necessities. They live in Mex. So the dollar goes farther .Mom has'nt asked for any money from me. Should I be obligated to pitch in like the others? What's the moral thing to do?
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2003, 02:30 AM
    Dilema
    The moral thing to is she brought in to this world so now it's time to pay her back, no matter what the problems are with your siblings.come on that's your mom and mom is only one...

Chaz
    sweety Posts: 77, Reputation: -1

Jun 5, 2004, 10:39 AM
    Dilema
    No mata how bad family problems get you should always fulfill duties including helping your family in the time of need. :)
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 24, 2004, 03:16 PM
    Dilema
    Hello I agree with everyone of this one you have to set aside your differents on this one and help out your mom. SHe deserves to enjoy her later years her on earth GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS
    liucong1984 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2004, 01:20 AM
    Dilema
    If you don't want to feel regretful in future, try your best to help your mom.
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2004, 01:30 AM
    What the hell...
    So you have a problem with your family, and you were NOT asked to be born, you have no obligation to them if they don't ask for your help.

Do they really need your help? And since your brother called you out of the blue to help, ask yourself, "Is this fall out with them all worth it?"

I know that f@#ked up family memebers do exist, and to some of those that grew up in this world where your familys repected your hopes and dream, in others there stagnent lives stood still because of skrewed up parents. So now that you have aproched this aspect of your life, if you do help them will they respect the person that you have become?
    And if they don't you don't really need to be around them.

It sound to me that you have reservations on all of this. Consider what I have said and run with what ever you decide. Not what others think.
    wearelistening Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2004, 08:46 AM
    Helping Mom?
    If you are not close with your family, then you might not know the entire situation about your mom.
    You say that you feel she's pretty comfortable with her social security... maybe that's on the surface.

Call your mother, or visit her.
    You assess the situation, and make a decision based on what YOU find and hear and see. Your obligation isn't to your brothers and sisters, so don't worry about the family feud with them.
    Your mother is the only one you've got. And even though you have brothers and sisters, you are the only YOU that your mother has.

Maybe this is a sign that the family feud has gone on long enough. Maybe this is the olive branch that will smooth things over between you and your siblings. Don't get me wrong... the past is hard to forget, not to mention forgive, and I'm not saying that you need to do either.
    But you can all be adults about the situation and come together as a family if your mother needs help.

Do what you feel is right in your heart. Don't let your anger make you do something you'll regret after your mother goes to her final resting place.
    Be the bigger person and do what you feel is right.
    Bite your tongue if you have to, and be civil and polite.

Your siblings have your blood in their bodies. You have theirs. That's a bond that should never be broken--but sadly, it happens.
    There are times when mean or ignorant family members create tension that others just can't deal with and arguing, spitefulness, and eventually not speaking to each other develops.

Listen to your heart. Put the shoe on the other foot. Put yourself in your mother's place. Think how difficult it might have been for your brother to call you to ask for help.

Good luck. Remember, live each day as though it's your last. Have no regrets, and have lots of smiles. Don't let the unimportant weigh you down, keep your head up and your heart free. You'll do the right thing.

Amy

MSN groups: weARElistening

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1 Tax dilema [ 61 Answers ]

Atlanta Tax Expert, I have been following this forum for some time now and I really appreciate all your help and advice. I entered the US in 2002 on an F1. I recently transitioned to an H1 on October 1, 2005. This is the summary of my stay in the US so far: 2002 - Entered US on Dec 27...

Dilema for Bi-bloke [ 16 Answers ]

Where to start... Well, I am (a young!) 50 years old, and I have always known that I am Bi-sexual and have had far more experiences with lads than with girls (but I've never gone more that masturbating/oral) - I have never come out - and am very masculine etc and nobody suspects. I have many...

Washer drain dilema [ 3 Answers ]

First off I am moving my clothes washer, (probably to basement), I have a septic tank. If moved to the basement will require the drain hose to be several feet above the washer to connect to the pipes connecting to the main septic drain pipe, is this doable? I have been told not to drain into septic...

Pregancy dilema [ 13 Answers ]

All right ladies here's a good one... had my period about the beginning of July.. around the 12th or so... me and the man have done it many time since then.. (raw dog)started feeling nauseous at night hungry all the time.. you know the classic pregnancy symptoms so I thought for sure that I was......

Recent Dilema [ 1 Answers ]

All right, I've already made my choice on this, but I want to know what you guys think. My girlfriend and I have been going out for six months now. Prior to that I've like her for a couple years, but she or I had always been with someone else. I lost my virginity to this girl. Recently I had...

View more questions Search