Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Chrysler crisis
    Rose of Quinn and Rose asked what the agenda was when they announced that they were going to close some of the Chrysler dealerships.

Chrysler said they are opposed to the closing. The Whitehouse is calling the shots.
    Now Rose, The American Thinker and others are saying that the decisions of which dealerships were to close was very likely made by the dealerships political contributions.
    The MAJORITY of the dealerships gave to the Republican party and the other FEW are competition to dealerships that are strong Democratic supporters.

What do you think?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:45 AM
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 08:48 AM

The revelation that the dealership closings were part of a political calculation should not come as a surprise.

As for Chrysler... they have been in bailout mode since Jimmy Carter's days. We have wasted all that taxpayer money to avoid bankruptsy for them and GM and both are going bankrupt anyway. So what did the bailout do ?
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:54 AM

Yeah I said even before they did ANY of the bailouts that I bet anybody they use the money on other things and aren't any better off once the money is gone.

Needkarma... I see the *oops can't say the politically incorrect word* hiding behind the swing set.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 09:30 AM

I think the pix was taken at the last Moveon.org convention.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I think the pix was taken at the last Moveon.org convention.
    ME thinkz u right!
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 03:05 AM

YouTube - The 2012 Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 07:09 AM

Was watching the news the other day and someone hit the nail on the head. The bailout money was so that President Bush did not have to deal with the mess. Knowing that he only had a few weeks left and that he could not finish what he wanted to do, the bailouts were the best stop gap solution until Mr Nobama could get settled in the white House so he could spend 4 years dealing with the mess that his cronies in congress created in the first place. Remember who created this mess in the first place in your discussions please.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Was watching the news the other day and someone hit the nail on the head. The bailout money was so that President Bush did not have to deal with the mess......

Remember who created this mess in the first place in your discussions please.
    Hello 450:

See?? This is another connection of yours that I don't get...

On the one hand, you tell us what a douche Bush was to rape the nation and pass the buck... Then you tell us it was the DEMOCRATS who did this to us, and we should trust what the REPUBLICANS have to say on the issue. What??

It don't make no sense to me - none at all... Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 15, 2009, 10:29 AM

None of the pol[s] are willing to live by capitalism.

So what if Chysler or GM go under? Not to be unsympathetic to those who have lost jobs, it is not any president's fault because they did not run the company or institute the contracts with the UAW or establish increasing legacy costs.

Should the taxpayor have subsidized milk men when the refrigerators came along? Should the taxpayor subsidize record [ vinyl ] makers now that we have CD and mp3?

If there is not enough demand for auto's that is what they have to deal with. With GM and Chrysler going down, I'm sure Honda or Toyota or Kia or Ford or any other manufacturer will step in if the need increases. Meanwhile, these dealers can sell other brands. They may make more money selling Toyotas or Nissans or BMWs etc.

G&P
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello 450:

See??? This is another connection of yours that I don't get....

On the one hand, you tell us what a douche Bush was to rape the nation and pass the buck.... Then you tell us it was the DEMOCRATS who did this to us, and we should trust what the REPUBLICANS have to say on the issue. What?????

It don't make no sense to me - none at all..... Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

excon
    I knew you could never admit that it was the Dumbocratic run congress led by your friends and mentors ,Barnie Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid that have raped and screwed the economy into what it is today. You really have to admit that if congress had not spent trillions on pork, more trillions to support and protect their friends that this country could be in far better shape than it is today. I blame the entire congress not just one party. But it was one party that started this whole debacle back in the 70's.
    Should we (the taxpayers) have bailed out GM and Chrysler last year? NO WAY. Should Congress have stopped it? YES a thousand time YES. But they were led down a garden path by who knows who? Do I blame President Bush for the spending spree? YES, But in his first 100 days Mr. Nobama has out spent even Bush on worthless ideas. Heck, even the liberal Europeans have told him that much. That and the opinion polls (sound familiar) are telling him to reign it in. People are finally realizing that you cannot spend yourself out of a recession. It will only make it worse. Now, where are these "ready to go" jobs that he promised? I have been looking for one for almost six months. Still have not seen one tossed in my lap.
    What this country needs to do is get back to a society where everything is not handed out by the Government, reign in government spending to a level that is sustainable. Reduce taxes on business ( which they do not pay anyhow), Keep government out of companies business. Then and only then will this economy turn around. And then what ever car companies are left standing will be able to make a profit on their product. Personally I don't care of it is GM, Ford, Chrysler. I do not plan on ever buying another new car in my life time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Chrysler T & C [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Chrsyler T & C which when I drive it for about a mile and a half the van gets hot then the oil light comes on and starts to ding! I checked the oil levels and they are fine. What could be the issue? Is this a thermostat issue?:(

2005 chrysler pacifica [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the starter on a 2005 chrysler pacific? My starter went out & I'm trying to make sure I at least know where the starter is when I take it to an auto repair shop?:confused:

1996 chrysler sebring [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone! First time user, desperate times... any way I have a real good question for some one that's smarter than me! Driving along the other day I noticed a slight miss I one of the cylinders, stopped at a signal light and when green hit I started to go then suddenly down to a sputter she...

View more questions Search